Twoply

Shoes off when you're on your carpet?

I dont care about an apartment, but if you are in your own house, do you take your shoes off when you walk on your carpet?

Why the hell do people think it's perfectly ok to walk right in with mud and snow on their shoes, and jsut come right onto my white berber even after I ask them not to?

I'm not that focused on my house, but have some freaking manners.

White berber and you have kids?:o:D

We have black berber for just that reason, and we're a shoes on family. It's done pretty well. We'd like to replace it soon but we still have a rabbit living in one closet. Don't think I'll go with white, though, Just about impossible to maintain. :)

My cousin was a carpet installer and was he ever so anal about this. I always try to respect this no matter where I'm at 'cause you never know how serious some people may be about this.

One night years back, we were partying hard at his house and I kept missing the ashtray. Out of no where he jumps up and grabs me by the collar and socks it to me....lets just say, his carpet ended up much much worse than just being soiled by a couple of ashes.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I don't ask my family to take their shoes off, but they know to take them off if they know they've been in the dirt. If they do make a mess, they're the ones who have to clean it up, so that's their motivation.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

from your spilled blood or did you take revenge on the carpet?

I was going more along the lines of spilled blood.

As I was sitting on the can after I poseted the reply, I thought to myself... "I bet somebody is gonna think that I'm a vengeful bastard." :D

That's where I do most of my thinking too!:)

Yes...very efficient use of time. Why focus on taking a dump...its a natural process that does not necesarily require thought...

But to keep this thread going in the right direction.....isn't it rude when someone takes a piss on your rug, man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtaKSnzOmQ&feature=related:D

If its my own place i never wear shoes on carpet. Its pointless to me. You wear footwear becasue the surface you are walking on would hurt your feet. Carpet feels good to me!

Unfortunately my roommates dont seem to care. Its all good though. In another 3 months my good roommate/best friend is leaving for texas and im downgrading to a one bedroom. No shoes then!
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

I dont care about an apartment, but if you are in your own house, do you take your shoes off when you walk on your carpet?

Why the hell do people think it's perfectly ok to walk right in with mud and snow on their shoes, and jsut come right onto my white berber even after I ask them not to?

Two solutions:

1) Find a new house
2) Find new people

:S
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

Nope, no shoes on the carpet. I got into that habit after I caught "yellow fever." Now when I'm on anyone's carpet with my shoes, it feels strange.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...

I hardly ever wear shoes in my own house and normally take them off at the door when I am visiting someone else. I never ask anyone to take theirs off, but my guests are usually aware of the mud and snow on their shoes and polite enough not to track it through my house! (and if it is cold, I am polite enough to offer slippers to help their feet warm!)

I feel very lucky that my friends aren't as ignorant as yours!:P

I don't wear shoes in other peoples homes because i dont in mind. I dont really have a problem with friends doing it. I mean i do have a problem IF they do it....and they know that so they take them off ;)

Actually most my friends know I am anal about stuff like that so even if they dont know or forget a nice little perfectly lined and spaced row of shoes and boots by the front door is a nice little reminder for them.

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I always take my shoes off when I walk in the house. I expect others to wipe their feet and or take their shoes off when coming in to my house.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Hell yes ... Don't come over if you don't want to take your shoes off at the door. On top of that, I shampoo my carpet twice a month. Carpet just can't be too clean :) Especially if you're having sex on the floor.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I always take my shoes off when I walk in the house. I expect others to wipe their feet and or take their shoes off when coming in to my house.

I would take more than my shoes off at your door.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I’m almost done removing all of the carpet in my house. The filth and dust underneath the carpet is disgusting and cannot be healthy. Also, pets and carpet don’t mix. If you want cushion comfort, throw rugs work well and are easy to clean. If you must have carpet, it pays to invest in a good carpet-cleaning machine and vacuum and clean them often.

I’m almost done removing all of the carpet in my house. The filth and dust underneath the carpet is disgusting and cannot be healthy. Also, pets and carpet don’t mix. If you want cushion comfort, throw rugs work well and are easy to clean. If you must have carpet, it pays to invest in a good carpet-cleaning machine and vacuum and clean them often.

When I remodeled this house (yes, the entire house) in '03 and '04 I installed laminate and ceramic tiles in every room except the 2 upstairs bedrooms. I like the laminate so much that in my current re-do, I just cut the laminate where the new wall is going, rather than tear it out.

By the time people get to the carpet in my house, there's no need for shoes. :)
And laminate is soooo much easier to keep clean!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Personally I wear shoes into the house. And I don't care if others wear shoes in. I have a mat outside the door and another inside the door. Isn't that what they make carpet shampoo machines for? :S

My next door neighbor is very anal about it though. So when I'm going into someone else's house, I follow their lead.

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Kids, dogs, friends over all the time, I don't care either way...what the hell, we live IN the house not for it.

That being said, mud & slush would be a pain, and if you ask someone to remove their footwear...they should.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~