ksudiver87

wearing boogie bracelettes

Ok, you asked for my 2 cents, here it is:

Wearing a boogie bracelet after the boogie is over says to me that this person is a low timer is trying to act like they are trying to impress other people because they went to a boogie. It's like those people who do one tandem and they wear a closing pin necklace all the time. >:(

So I guess that you do a full and complete background check before you ship out a 3-ring necklace to all persons ordering them. No you take thier $20 and mail away without checking with USPA that that D-104 number is valid.

Sorry if that was harsh but if you are going to talk and hawk merch at the same time.....duck.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

I always wear mine for extended periods. I had my boogie bracelet, allergy bracelet, and hospital info bracelet on for like a week after I was out and the boogie was over. I finally took them off, because I got a new hospital bracelet. That also stayed on for roughly a week even though I was in and out in about 2 hours.:D

Why?

Hospital bracelets are good because they make people feel sorry for you.

Why do you want people to feel sorry for you?

I guess that it's a belonging and advertising thing too.... Showing others that you are a member of a given group ... a bit like the T-shirts that we choose to wear or stickers on our cars.... it's an extreme version but sort of similar.

It's why some people blare music out of their cars or 'pimp' them..... showing off is what it is and most of us do it to a greater or lesser extent.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Wearing a hospital bracelet after you've been released is a sign of an attention whore, IMO. Hey- look at me! I was in the hospital!

Summerfest goes over two weekends every year and I normally only have a few days off. I register during the first weekend, go home and to work during the week, then come back for the 2nd weekend. When I have to wear the bracelet at work, I tell people I am on a day pass from the nut house! :P

That's the best reply I've heard in a while. B|

I'm going to remember that next Summerfest when I go into town and people ask me if I just got out of the hospital.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Hospital bracelets are good because they make people feel sorry for you.

Because people tend to overlook the crutches and cast? :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It's like those people who do one tandem and they wear a closing pin necklace all the time. >:(

Sorry if that's a harsh answer- I don't mean to hurt any feelings- :|:P

They spent 200 to 300 bucks, had a great time, took home a cool souvenir.

But, in your opinion they're not worthy/deserving to wear a damn necklace? wtf?

Sorry if this is harsh......... :P
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Geeze guys, can't people just like wristbands? I have a tendency to need something on my wrist. Watch, rubberband, wristband, something.

HA! I mention that calling it a bracelet is gay and suddenly you start calling it a wristband.... homo issues?? :D:D

j/k, you know i love my little skittles. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Geeze guys, can't people just like wristbands? I have a tendency to need something on my wrist. Watch, rubberband, wristband, something.

HA! I mention that calling it a brucelet is gay and suddenly you start calling it a wristband.... homo issues?? :D:D

j/k, you know i love my little skittles. :)

does that help ya Sunshine? Yaaaay, more Skittles bashing.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I take mine off when I get home, and tack it to the wall with the others, along with my performer badge from the Goshen airshow, the newspaper I was in, and my glow sticks from my first two night jumps. Oh, and the short bus award I got for doing something stupid (I don't know which thing I did that earned an award).
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.