Conundrum

Kirby vacuums

I have one. We like it for the most part. It is way more expensive, but it seems to do fairly well for dog hair etc. I have kind of mixed feelings about ours really. It's a nice vacuum but pricey. I'd say if you have the money go ahead, but I wouldn't go without eating to get one. I know probably not a whole lot of help.
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

yay or nay?

If you're looking at that area, also look at Electrolux, Dyson, Rainbow and Oreck...all (including Kirby) are very good.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Had a Kirby, it was really, really heavy, and really, really noisy. I also had a Panasonic. Got rid of the Kirby and kept the Panasonic. A vacuum that I'll actually use is far better than one that's too much trouble.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

The only thing is the cost. They are an arm and a leg. >:(

Well, let's put it this way. My parents bought one when i was 10. I am now 33. It still runs perfectly and i don't think they've ever had it repaired, or had any problems with it.

if you buy one, it's definitely pricey, but then again, you may never ever have to buy another vacuum in your life.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

They are nice, but as already mentioned HEAVY as hell. If you dont have to actually pick it up, not so bad. If you have any stairs you need to move it up or down, then you might want to think about it.

Also LOTS of parts to do all the things. Which is nice cause it does work as a shampooer too.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Well, let's put it this way. My parents bought one when i was 10. I am now 33. It still runs perfectly and i don't think they've ever had it repaired, or had any problems with it.

I've had the same Hoover for 20 years. Vacuums are simple machines and don't have to cost a lot.
Owned by Remi #?

Do you want the best vacuum available?

This is my favorite you'll find it in most every upscale hotel in the world. Even Celine Dion has them in her home.

Want one call me i'll hook you up. 877-644-0077:)http://prochem.com/products/index.php?id=1.012-041.0
PV12
12 inch Upright Vacuum with Automatic Vacuuming System.
Features:
Automatic Vacuuming System electronically adjusts brush height to the optimal position for the most effective cleaning on any surface.
Electronic control alerts the operator when the bag is full or brush is jammed.
High efficiency filtration traps 99% of contaminants down to 0.3 microns for improved indoor air quality.
Ultra-light handle weight increases operator comfort and productivity.
On-board tools and extension wand make the PV 12 the perfect detail cleaning machine.
Comes with a crevice tool and upholstery tool stored on the back of the machine. Convenient cord hooks with quick release Cleans both hard floors and carpets.
Convenient cord hooks with quick release.
Cleans both hard floors and carpets.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I see your parents and I'll raise you my grandparents! :P They bought an Electrolux 2100 over 30 years ago, I inherited it and it's still running strong! Gets my dog's hair up off the carpet without a problem. Even has a hepa filter in it. :)
And hey, there's one for sale on ebay right now!:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ELECTROLUX-2100-AUTOMATIC-VACUUM-W-NEW-HOSE-TOOLS_W0QQitemZ300287663989QQcmdZViewItem

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

All kidding aside.

We're due for a new vac.
I'm thinking go for the gold & get a Dyson.

I've wanted a Dyson for a long time, but I'm hearing that Kirby is better.

I was upset that my wife got a Dyson a couple of months ago. Then I founf out two things:
1) She got it at Costco; and
2) This vacuum ROCKS!!!

And it has so many attachments!!! I can vacuum the floor, the couches (after checking for all remaining edible Cheetos and loose change), clean the corners, under the tables. It's got it all.

Dang it! I'm soooooo domestic now. I haven't used it on my chafing dishes, but I foresee that happening soon,

My wife is hotter than your wife.

We have a plumbed in house vac. Very powerful and all the gunk goes out the garage, the dust is blown outside. Hard to get more HEPA than that.B|

Don't have to lug the big damn thing around, just 30' of hose and a few attachments.

Does Val have to use a Swiffer on the bushes?? :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo