normiss

Tax Time!

So I guess I'm almost ready to start the fun...

Any recommendations on software?
I've used TurboTax mostly....but I'm curious what else is good out there. Looks like TurboTax hiked their prices...
>:(

H&R blockTaxCut pro doesn't suck. I switched after the copy protection fiasco where TurboTax didn't run on my machine and I had to buy a copy of TaxCut.

Looks like TurboTax hiked their prices...

My accountants use to charge me $70. The difference between that and a tax program was inconsequential. Then it was $150. Still worth it. Then it was $450 with filling out their information packet taking as much time as using a tax program to complete it.

I've used TurboTax mostly....but I'm curious what else is good out there. Looks like TurboTax hiked their prices...

Be very careful with Turbotax!! The Secretary of the Treasury used it and it (allegedly) caused a $34,000 error!!! It must be very difficult for us commoners to use.:P

Be very careful with Turbotax!! The Secretary of the Treasury used it and it (allegedly) caused a $34,000 error!!! It must be very difficult for us commoners to use.:P

34K to the secretary of treasury is probably the equiv. of 34 dollars to us.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I would say TurboTax - I've used it for the past 8 years - love it. This year (now that I'm married), we've got people.... H&R....

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

lol...I hate thinking about it. If I don't notice the software in the sale ads, then I don't have to do it, right? :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've used www.esmarttax.com for a few years now. 1st year they were on their own, then they were purchased by liberty tax service. I tried them the 1st year because my accountants' figures just didn't seem right. Boy, was I right. Over $2600.00 (combined state and federal) more that I got back.

Last year a friend went to H&R. Came back with the paperwork and asked me to look it over. Ran it through the online forms, and found a bunch of deductions that were missed (small business owner) to the tune of $1895.00 less that she had to pay in.

As long as the prices for this service stay around where they are (CHEAP!), I'm sold.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

right.
in our case, it's best to have a good C P A , and my guy is Great.
located not far from our home.
runs a great ( legitimate) home office from his house,,,
works 10 and 12 hour days. from Dec to May, and is very organized...
Uses verified Up to date software, does it all with State of the art computers and fast fast fast printers.

can spit out a 30 page return in about 3 minutes....
( though the last few years now, it's done electronically)
I sign a form associated with the elec. return, and it gets sent in...
He does our fed 1040 and the NY STate return, and he and I complete the Quarterly returns, together, as the year flies by.:|
He now even takes care of our adult Children's returns...:)always accurate, never drawn any unwanted attention from the Feds.
Never suggests anything inappropriate,, always calls US, if we have not yet called him...
Puts our minds at ease... even if we don't get a refund..
at least we know we are on time and legal.
It Does cost me several hundred dollars....
But Hey!!! i can deduct it....;):SB|[:)

Jerry
" you Don't even KNOW what a deduction IS ! ... do you"???
Kramer...
" well Nooo, but THEY do!!! and they are the ones deducting It " !!!

j t

my wife signed me up for the forums on that site after hearing about it on dave ramsey. i made a couple of posts last night, but it said that posts need to be reviewed and approved by a mod before getting posted. my stuff hasn't been posted yet. that's gay. you should use your super-moderator powers to put the smack-down on them and tell them how its really done.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com