hymandd732

Twin fatalities

This is the second post you've made referencing someone "of age" being too old to participate in some activity.
With 41 years in the sport, where is the line drawn?
What age determines where someone should stop doing "X?"
48 isn't old at all, not by today's standards.
Should SOS exist in your view?

Age isn't the problem. The problem is when a jumper fails to recognize reduced capabilities as they age. This woman could quite possible be experiencing menopause at 48 and that condition is well documented as contributing to fragile emotional conditions. There are old jumpers and bold jumpers but damn few old bold jumpers. Personally I adjusted my performance when as I aged. I admire the youngsters but cannot hope to compete with them and I don't believe they would care to strap on a B4 with a cheapo and a four pin container where hard pulls were the norm. As was landing on sum baked turf without doing a PLF. Hell, they probably don't even know what a PLF is.
Freefall Hall

Look at it this way. I have seen a million people driving vehicles who wouldn't be safe walking unassisted. Just accidents waiting to happen and during the last 45 years I have seen my share of jumpers who are also at risk due to lack of common sense. You won't find SOS jumpers competing in canopy formations. :|

Freefall Hall

Age isn't the problem. The problem is when a jumper fails to recognize reduced capabilities as they age. This woman could quite possible be experiencing menopause at 48 and that condition is well documented as contributing to fragile emotional conditions. There are old jumpers and bold jumpers but damn few old bold jumpers. Personally I adjusted my performance when as I aged. I admire the youngsters but cannot hope to compete with them and I don't believe they would care to strap on a B4 with a cheapo and a four pin container where hard pulls were the norm. As was landing on sum baked turf without doing a PLF. Hell, they probably don't even know what a PLF is.

Uh - yes, adjusting your performance as you age is intelligent, but your supposition that being a menopausal female at age 48 makes one unsafe to jump or do CRW exhibits your lack of intelligence, or at very least lack of common sense. Maybe your reduced testosterone levels as you age contribute to your emotional fragility:P

One of the stupidist posts I have seen in a long time.

Doc
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

There have been over 1000 fatalities in this sport since I first jumped. I would estimate that the great majority of them were preventable. I recall a study years ago indicating that a majority of female fatalities were experiencing a period at the time of the fatality. I don't have a dog in the race but self denial, meditation and common sense will get you to your old age.

Those stats would probably show that most of the fatalities were white men between the ages of 18 and 30.

You're basically spewing worthless hate. I truly hope I don't make it to the age in which you're a bitter old man.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The female was 48 and probably too old to be involved in canopy formation jumping. Bottom line - two dead.

Boy, I have read some pretty strange shit on DZ but this by far rates the pretty high up in the total bullshit category. The Red Bull Air Race Pilots, many in their mid 50's are among the best pilots in the business. 48 is pretty young.
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I don't have a dog in the race but self denial, meditation and common sense will get you to your old age.

Self denial with get ya to old age?! :o

:D:D:D

So you're saying, you have to give up being young to be old...no thanks!

Just how fuckin' old do ya wanna GET?? :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Personally I adjusted my performance when as I aged. I admire the youngsters but cannot hope to compete with them and I don't believe they would care to strap on a B4 with a cheapo and a four pin container where hard pulls were the norm.

At what age does the grasp on English grammar slip away? Hint: Take your age and subtract a few years. There are old writers and bold writers, but there very few that can stomach a run-on sentence like that.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Personally I adjusted my performance when as I aged. I admire the youngsters but cannot hope to compete with them and I don't believe they would care to strap on a B4 with a cheapo and a four pin container where hard pulls were the norm.

At what age does the grasp on English grammar slip away? Hint: Take your age and subtract a few years. There are old writers and bold writers, but there very few that can stomach a run-on sentence like that.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's awesome! Oh, and, OP, you're PA removed by slotperfect;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

No worries. Sorry about that. Were the [warning][/warning] brackets supposed to make an icon? If not, let me suggest that now, as that would be cooler than shit.;)

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

No worries. Sorry about that. Were the [warning][/warning] brackets supposed to make an icon? If not, let me suggest that now, as that would be cooler than shit.;)

It shows up as a yellow 'caution' sign on my computer.

Try hitting refresh! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

too old to be involved in canopy formation jumping.

Let's see, from your profile info, you must be in your 60's.
Perhaps you should restrict yourself only to solo hop 'n pops.
You might hurt someone.

Oh, and your profile information says this:
Jumps: 1800
Disciplines:
Freeflying (1800 jumps)
Formation Skydiving (1800 jumps)
Apparently you don't realize that freeflying is not the same thing as formation skydiving. Either that, or your math skills are poor, because the total of the two disciplines don't equal your total jumps. Doh!

So, if your reasoning skills are that poor, and your knowledge of the sport is that dated, then yes, I definitely recommend you stick to solo hop n' pops.

And testosterone kills far more men in this sport, then estrogen does women.

Are you referring to the incident from a year ago in California or something else?

If you are. Well both jumpers had a lot of experience. I learned more about big way canopy formation flying from the female in question than any big way formation organizer or coach. All this just by following her into big way canopy formations. She never said a word. I received atta boys for timely smoothness from the other canopy pilot on the lock up.

That young lady had been on several canopy world records and competed in 8 way canopy formations at nationals. She had a lot of skill and showed me a lot of CReW finesse. I would fly with her in any canopy formation.

Mid forties is about par for the course in CRW. I think I know 1 guy under 30 who does it actively. A handfull of thirty somethings pushing forty. Its a time honored skydiving discipline expect to see age and experience.

This woman could quite possible be experiencing menopause at 48 and that condition is well documented as contributing to fragile emotional conditions.

Oh my God, I'm totally going to start using this line and milking it.

"But Officer, I'm in my mid-40's. Don't you understand that my speeding was just a reaction to my fragile emotional decision?"

"Honey, you cook dinner tonight. I feel fragile."

"Kids, Mama's fragility has kicked in today so you're going to have to do all the cleaning and laundry".

Brillant! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

its 2010,,,what does a B-4 have to do with anything ? I learned on one,good memories, but so what ? Bringing that up is pointless,,,,,its like saying no one grows their own food anynore,,,,>:(

Other than a foot race on the ground,,,the 48 yr old is not much diff than a 28 yr old when it comes to the air.....[:/]

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083