BillyVance

Before and after

4 months make quite a difference.

And yes, I really am a cheapskate when it comes to getting this done on a regular basis. :P

OMG Billy you were almost at Mullet stage! WHEW~ good thing ya got those hairs cut! ;)

Looks good!
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

[begin mother's bitching voice] Billy Vance!!! You didn't take those pictures while you were driving, did you?? :o [/end mother's bitching voice]

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

[begin mother's bitching voice] Billy Vance!!! You didn't take those pictures while you were driving, did you?? :o [/end mother's bitching voice]

Nah, I took them while parked in the parking lot outside the haircut place. There is no way I could take good digital pictures while driving. They would just come out blurred and off-center. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Now when are you going to update those frames you got in '92? ;)

That's the pair I sometimes wear when I skydive, because I don't care if something happens to them. ;)

My everyday pair is probably 5 years old. My eyes haven't changed and I'm a slack ass about getting new glasses, especially since they aren't covered and is 100% out of pocket expense. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi BV,

Interesting & timely post.

I went to the same barber for well over 25 yrs. He finally retired last Sept; he is 80 yrs old. He was the best & the conversations were even better.

He put me onto a new barber. Twice now the new guy has butchered my hair; I don't think he listens. [:/] He gets one more chance and 'Sayanara Bubbo.'

Damn-it, I miss my old guy, >:(

JerryBaumchen

PS) Re: The new look; the bottom line is if YOU like it or not. :P

PS) Re: The new look; the bottom line is if YOU like it or not. :P

The place I go to, I never get the same woman twice, but they do okay after I tell them what I want. Today, the bi- er I mean she nicked my ear where it meets the skull with the clipper... she was so sorry. A little blood and that was it. Can't see it in the picture as it was on the other side.

Same barber for that long, wow. You just don't see that much anymore.

I've never had a conversation with any of the hair cutters I've ever had... I wonder why that is....

I've been going to the same girl for 17 years. "Beauty shop", but what the hell, my hair was well below my shoulders when I first started going there.
My mom liked what she did with my hair and started going there too:D:D.

That was about 12 years ago.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Looks like you got the "Little Boy's #2" right off the poster they used to have in all the old barbershops. Ya look good. . . nice and clean cut.

Valinda's been doing my haircuts for maybe the last decade or so. She does a good job, I don't have to wait my turn, and, well . . . it's Vskydiver cutting my hair.;):):$

He put me onto a new barber. Twice now the new guy has butchered my hair; I don't think he listens. [:/] He gets one more chance and 'Sayanara Bubbo.'

As a kid, I went to the same barber until he a had stroke and was wiggling on the floor for some fraction of the time the ambulance took getting there. I no longer remember if some one else finished my haircut or they did the whole thing. I think it scarred me for life. My dad didn't care if I got a haircut. My mom did and found a replacement I was sent to as deemed necessary until I had some say in the matter. He retired, I discovered girls, and ended up going to the family hairdresser so I wouldn't be shaggy until I graduated high school. My hair looked OK and that was important. After that I realized my shirts didn't need a Polo logo, I didn't need a haircut, and two or three were enough for the next decade.

Being a long haired hippy and skydiving did not mix well. After enough years I got fed up with the knots and went to a unisex salon. A warm shampoo first definitely beat the friggen cold spray bottle at the barbers and it didn't look worse after a cut.

A survey of the other visually reformed hippies in my office revealed that we all lost our pony tails within a year or two either side of 30 so maybe it was just an age thing.

The decision may also have been influenced by the guys I looked up to, who had managed to extract tens of millions from venture capitalists to start their own companies (when you work 60-80+ hours a week and succeed or fail because of what some muppet does having more control over your life seems like a fine idea) Who knows.

I found I liked not having a mop to deal with and got regular haircuts every 3-4 months.

Then we moved. I got fed up with being shaggy and got a barber haircut which sucked from some kid. We moved again and my wife talked me into seeing her especially flamboyant artiste and I had the best looking haircuts of my life for a year. Then we moved again (rather than learning to brown nose for capital, we moved to the Valley where more people had already done that so I could pursue my career).

The $50 (+ tip) salon was mediocre. The barber shop cut looked OK but being drenched with the spray bottle wasn't pleasant and the barber down the row wouldn't shut up about how one of his friends married a foreign woman, how he'd do any of them even Iranians, etc. If I'd done drugs in high school it would have given me flashbacks to shop class. They were a cash only shop too, so I had to walk down to the nearest bank branch (or pay an additional 10% service charge to Bank America) to pay for the experience.

I don't mind the T-shirts with holes (like my favorite Yellow Boy, which is actually orange in my case) or bicycle chain grease stained dockers but there's something which irks me about a mediocre cut on the hair I have left.

Whaaa? Is that a new toupe you're showing off?

:D There is one thing I will NEVER do in my lifetime, is wear a toupe. If I go bald, I go bald, fuck it. No comb-overs, no nothing.

41 years old and I still don't have a gray hair, thank mom for her hair genes.