Thanatos340

Boogie Entertainment??

What are your thoughts on Boogie entertainment for after Jumping Hours?

Which of these would you most like to see at a Large Boogie?

I personally am not a fan of Bands playing at Boogies. No one ever listens and the Band usually get pissed about it. A Total waste of time and money in my opinion.

Techno\Rave DJ`s?? That is fine as long as they keep it in the hangar (meaning the you don’t have to hear it outside the hangar) but still something that I do NOT think really adds to the party.

DJ playing Music with Words? Not bad if they understand that their purpose d to be back ground noise.

Free Beer - Now we are talking!! Take whatever money that would be spent on bands and DJ`s and buy a couple extra Kegs.

What are your thoughts?

You need an option for people playing instruments around the fire.
That is always entertaining, sometime for the talent and sometimes for the lack of talent. ;)

I've never been a fan of bands at boogies. And I rarely drink the free beer as is usually some Bud swill.

I like hanging out around the fire and catching up with friends and making new ones.

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Background music, a good bonfire with good people, and some good alcohol to go around. That's all I need. I don't like live bands at boogies. Free beer is good. Good quality free beer is even better. Someone playing a guitar at the bonfire is a welcome distraction. Any kind of shenanigans can be fun too.
Muff Brother #4026
Loco Zapatos Rodriguez
SCR #14793

I hear foam pits can be fun..

I don't know who brought it, but people did seem to have fun with the foam pit at the Hog Flop. It took a little bit for the first people to jump in, but once they did others seemed to follow. I didn't, but I had fun watching!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What are your thoughts on Boogie entertainment for after Jumping Hours?

Which of these would you most like to see at a Large Boogie?

I personally am not a fan of Bands playing at Boogies. No one ever listens and the Band usually get pissed about it. A Total waste of time and money in my opinion.

Techno\Rave DJ`s?? That is fine as long as they keep it in the hangar (meaning the you don’t have to hear it outside the hangar) but still something that I do NOT think really adds to the party.

DJ playing Music with Words? Not bad if they understand that their purpose d to be back ground noise.

Free Beer - Now we are talking!! Take whatever money that would be spent on bands and DJ`s and buy a couple extra Kegs.

What are your thoughts?

You know me... I'm always about costume parties... Somehow I always end up forgetting mine though.:ph34r:
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

So I should hire strippers.

Nah, just provide the alcohol. I'm sure you'll find some girls who will at least show some boobage once they've loosened up a bit. ;)
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In a Perfect world, I would love to see a "Camera Free" zone at Boogies. A Roped off area with signs clearly posted where anyone caught with a Camera or other recoding devise would be ejected from the Boogie (After the Contents of said Recording devise were destroyed.)

If we could do that, I would bet that there would be a lot more Shenanigans.

Unfortunately we don’t live in a perfect world. thanks to digital Cameras, Boogies will never again be what they once were.

In a Perfect world, I would love to see a "Camera Free" zone at Boogies. A Roped off area with signs clearly posted where anyone caught with a Camera or other recoding devise would be ejected from the Boogie (After the Contents of said Recording devise were destroyed.)

Unfortunately we don’t live in a perfect world. thanks to digital Cameras, Boogies will never again be what they once were.

You are so right. I haven't brought my camera to a boogie in years. Now that I'm on Facebook, I'd be leery of any pictures showing up on there that my non-skydiving friends might misconstrue and give me hell for them. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

It wouldn't be such a problem if you could trust that the person with the camera wouldn't put any of the racy pics on the internet without the permission of the person they are of.

It wouldn't be such a problem if you could trust that the person with the camera wouldn't put any of the racy pics on the internet without the permission of the person they are of.

What's even more creepy is when someone pm's another person asking for pictures he thinks they might have. So, even if it's not posted on the internet, it still could get passed around without you knowing. :|

Ok, back to the music. Just say NO to techno! :P

What's even more creepy is when someone pm's another person asking for pictures he thinks they might have. So, even if it's not posted on the internet, it still could get passed around without you knowing. :|

Ok, back to the music. Just say NO to techno! :P

Techno/house/funk/ska are all okay in moderation....:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

+1.

As for entertainment - I think it'd be cool to set up a carnival midway. A bounce house, inflatable water slide, dunk tank, and silly games with skydiving themed prizes (coin toss or darts at balloons with prizes like pull up cords, goggles, jump tickets, closing loops, etc). That'd be way more fun than yet another raffle, and the proceeds could benefit whatever charitable cause the organizers want to support.

I'm also a big fan of costume parties, Lancaster Bomber reenactments and rousing games of Deceased Female Relatives.

Beer and a bonfire are great, but I can get those at my local dz on pretty much any Saturday. Gimme a GOOD reason to make the drive and pay the money.

Good point.
sadly I have little boogie experience but I do have lots of Lollapalooza mosh pit concert experience and I use to work for Phish on their huge outdoor fest circuit. They had lots of bizarre activities going on at those things, too many actually.

I'm sure whatever you do will be fun as long as the main beer ingredient is added.

maybe I can actually make some money this year to make it to one of your gigs.
Beware of the collateralizing and monetization of your desires.
D S #3.1415