rmsmith

What is "Brand New"?

Here's a current listing: Brand New VE-111
And buried in the ad: "...~100 jumps on the whole thing."

Or how about: New, Sealed in Box
And buried in the ad: "I've been using this computer myself (where the pictures came from) and it is super fast and extremely dependable. It is great for networks, graphics/video design, gaming, multi-tasking. If you need a computer for any or all of those reasons, this is your computer."

Or how about: New, Sealed in Box
And buried in the ad: "I've been using this computer myself

Maybe the seller has a shrinkwrapper? ;)

Yeah, I agree. "Brand new" has a bit of wriggle room I reckon - that could be nearly unused, recently purchased (100 jumps is probably pushing it though!). But "Brand new sealed in box" is a bit cheeky for anything other than "unsullied by human hands since the factory".

Feh. eBay sellers.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I buy and sell on eBay a fair bit. I am very careful about the accuracy and honesty of my item descriptions, and have a 100% feedback rating after 118 rated transactions.

I would never list anything that had even 1 jump as "brand new." That description implies that the condition is the same as one you could buy straight off the stock shelf at the gear store. If the rig is in great shape, and has 100 jumps, I would list it as "excellent" or "like new."

If the computer has been used, it's used. No brainer there. It's obviously not sealed in the box if he's used it. I would email eBay customer service about that one.
Arrive Safely

John