wildcard451

Valentine's Day Issue

SO, let' say hypothetically that your anniversary and that god awful day known to women as Valentine's day and to men as "Why the fuck am I buying big red hearts and chocolates" Day....just happen to fall within 2-3 days of each other.

Is it reasonable to celebrate them as one event all rolled up into one?

Yes, but then again I think Valentine's Day is kinda silly anyway and have never exchanged anything more than silly novelty gifts with my S/O (and this year I'm even going to be traveling that weekend without him). We're going out for a nice dinner a couple nights before ... win win so we won't have to deal with the crowds.

YMMV and I'm not responsible for any breakups caused by ridiculous clinging to the tradition of a Hallmark holiday. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

We're saving money for our trip to FL so we're keeping VD low key. There is a local Irish pub that I haven't been to in a while - so we're going to go hang out there.

I don't see any problem with combining the two... but maybe you should ask her what she thinks...

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I don't see any problem with combining the two... but maybe you should ask her what she thinks...

Gia, sweetheart...

I know what she thinks. Hence a poll. And calling it and "issue" :P

So... she wants both.... Well buy her a card and something sentimental for VD (candles, bubble bath, massage, wine) and take her to dinner for your ann.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

SO, let' say hypothetically that your anniversary and that god awful day known to women as Valentine's day and to men as "Why the fuck am I buying big red hearts and chocolates" Day....just happen to fall within 2-3 days of each other.

Of course it's reasonable, but when have you ever expected to find that quality in a woman? Shoot a load in her left eye on the one day, her right eye on the next, and sign the card twice.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Yes, and if your woman doesn't agree, she's broken.

Very well said. No one will be getting any V-Day gifts from me :) ... Ever :P
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Gia, sweetheart...

I know what she thinks. Hence a poll. And calling it and "issue" :P

I call that unreasonable and high maintenance. Cut away. I think it ridiculous to expect someone to buy stuff when it is trible priced.

I think you and your partner should both be on the same page whatever you do. Talk to her about it and go with her wishes.

Personally I feel Valentine's Day is a made up consumer thing that I'm not buying. I celebrate Valentine's Day every day with JohnMitchell and I don't need someone to tell me when to buy him chocolate. But then I don't mind if we celebrate our anniversary at the DZ and then go out to Burger King later either. Just spending time with each other is special and means more to me than flowers, diamonds or heart shaped chocolate boxes. You can never get that TIME back, you can always buy chocolate later. I can do without those "things", I can't do without him. That's just my thoughts on the "V Day" and anniversaries. Celebrating our 25th anniversary in June! B|

I am one to not believe in some of these goofy "Hallmark Holidays" yes I know the true hallmark holiday is Sweetest day, but frankly Valentines day is another way to sell stuff.

I do not mind if someone wants to celebrate both, but as with anything I just dont expect it. If I had an anniversary that landed around it I would actually be bummed. To much other crap, I would rather celebrate before or after to stay away from the hoopla.

Having silly expectations leads to pointless heartbreak! I would much rather have someone do random acts of kindness through out the year.

:)

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I think you and your partner should both be on the same page whatever you do. Talk to her about it and go with her wishes.

Personally I feel Valentine's Day is a made up consumer thing that I'm not buying. I celebrate Valentine's Day every day with JohnMitchell and I don't need someone to tell me when to buy him chocolate. But then I don't mind if we celebrate our anniversary at the DZ and then go out to Burger King later either. Just spending time with each other is special and means more to me than flowers, diamonds or heart shaped chocolate boxes. You can never get that TIME back, you can always buy chocolate later. I can do without those "things", I can't do without him. That's just my thoughts on the "V Day" and anniversaries. Celebrating our 25th anniversary in June! B|

Exactly what Valinda said. PERFECT!!!! B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

We're saving money for our trip to FL so we're keeping VD low key....

I'd think you'd want to keep VD low key regardless of where you're going...just thinkin'.
:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We're saving money for our trip to FL so we're keeping VD low key....

I'd think you'd want to keep VD low key regardless of where you're going...just thinkin'.
:P

LOL :ph34r::D

g
OMG, is she okay?

The best reasonable expectation that you can ever
have is that things will work out equally.
The hope is that your SO will treat you as well as
you treat them. (I don't know if the divorce rate
reflects that.)

You should send flowers, with a nice card, to their
work place so that there is public recognition.
Make them a nice dinner. Buy some chocolate.

If anyone thinks that doing something small, or
spending $50, is too much to do something nice for
their SO, then they shouldn't be surprised if life
is fair.

I also suggest being nice every day, even if it is just
a kind word. Then, other events will pale in value.

Doc and I got married on the 16th in mexico....so we celebrate on valentines' day. makes it easy for him to remember and we just keep the one date to celebrate....but this is something we agreed upon prior to setting the wedding date.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Of course it's reasonable, but when have you ever expected to find that quality in a woman? Shoot a load in her left eye on the one day, her right eye on the next, and sign the card twice.

Blues,
Dave

Thats it Todak! Aspirin for you if you ever get a kidney stone :P:P:P:P:P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

In this economy that is a big yes! Be up front about it to her though and make it clear for goodness sake. Plan it together. Then it is no big deal. Things are only complicated if you make them that way.-Caress:)

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.