RALFFERS

Do You Keep a Diary?

I've been thinking about starting a diary (yes, I know I' m almost 28 years old). I think would be cool, and also practical. It's always good to be practicing and honing your writing skills, not to mention that I would have a detailed account of my daily life from here on out and thus remember things better, rather than the bits and pieces I remember now.

Am just curious if anyone else keeps a diary.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Diary is what it was called when I was in high school...then it became a Journal..and now its called a Blog!:D

oh, um yeah, you're right. I haven't really kept up with the times. :$

Blogs are too public though....I like the idea of keeping something private for myself that no one else knows about.

Diary is what it was called when I was in high school...then it became a Journal..and now its called a Blog!:D

oh, um yeah, you're right. I haven't really kept up with the times. :$

Blogs are too public though....I like the idea of keeping something private for myself that no one else knows about.

Oh! ..well...if that is what you mean by "diary" is private...NO! I wouldn't put it in writing for it to be found by anyone at anytime.

If you don't want someone else to know, don't write it down.

I keep a jump diary on my website, and I keep a blog, but nothing I consider private, because someday somebody's gonna read it. That's just what happens with private diaries.

I don't think I'm running that risk; my life's not all that interesting. You'd probably fall asleep after a page or so. :D:D

I've kept a diary since I was about 5 years old. My mother and I would write letters to each other, she bought me my first diary. And as I grew older I just wrote on my own.

I have note books and note books filled with writing about my life, my thoughts, my progress.

It find it amazing to look back and reflect and see what changed, what manifested and what can be improved.

Start writing, it woud never hurt, plus its a good way to vent.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

I've kept a diary since I was about 5 years old. My mother and I would write letters to each other, she bought me my first diary. And as I grew older I just wrote on my own.

I have note books and note books filled with writing about my life, my thoughts, my progress.

It find it amazing to look back and reflect and see what changed, what manifested and what can be improved.

Start writing, it woud never hurt, plus its a good way to vent.

I'd like to read about the detailed experiences of your life over the past year ... Could you convert that to a bonfire thread for us?
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Oh! ..well...if that is what you mean by "diary" is private...NO! I wouldn't put it in writing for it to be found by anyone at anytime.

That is the older generations way of thinking about it.:|
To be part of the "in" crowd today, you must put everything on your MySpace page, and then act shocked when you find out your parents, co-workers, and the police, also have access to the Internet.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have a journal. I started at about 21 and now I am 30. Its cool to be able to look back thru your life and how you have changed. I am not worried if someone reads it. I have nothing to hide, and if anything ever happens to me its there for my family to read.

Nope. Absolutely not. I learned a long time ago to never put down in writing anything you don't want anyone to ever know about! [:/]

I'm a good secret keeper, too! ;)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I used to keep a journal... I haven't been very diligent in the last few years...

I've put a lot of unusual things in it... (nothing bad...) but honestly if someone finds it after I'm dead (or while I'm still alive) and can actually decipher my handwriting then they can certainly enjoy reading it... or not enjoy it as the case may be... :D

Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

I keep one for work stuff, what I did to justify being paid that day, what I have to do, what I learned, stuff like that. It's required in my line of work and quite useful if anyone questions you about what happened and when.

As far as personal stuff goes, hell no. It's better that the evidence be destroyed.

I have a blog that I use to vent or remember how I felt at certain times of my life. Sometimes I use it for a skydiving journal or a random thought moment. If someone actually thinks I'm interesting enough to read about, then so be it. It tends to surprise me how many people actually message me about them. It makes me feel like I'm here...or that my thoughts exist if you know what I mean.
~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Not for my day to day life... pretty boring (work, home, sleep), but when I travel I always take a journal to record my thoughts in addition to the photo records.

I enjoy going back and reading it every now and then - it brings back so many beautiful memories of my experiences & people I've met. I wish I would have kept a journal when I lived in Japan... those memories have faded so much.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Are you gonna have unicorns and fuzzy bunnies on the cover and cover the back page with "RR+JT" and "Mrs. Pillowbiter Twardowski"??

:D:D:D

The only thing I have resembling a diary in any way is my first skydiving logbook. I filled up most of the spaces writing out my jumps and/or stamping out the points on every formation. Nowadays, it's just date, # of jump, title of jump, e.g. "4 way", etc...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban