Broke

These three words piss me off

Allow my to expand while I have the rwo minutes to breath and I am doing yet another one of my job functions in a different building.

Basically I have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. With my job every task have a painful amount of paperwork, due to the fact that I maintain biocontainment systems. The one thing that I have been running out of time to do is putting the RMW bags in the RMW cans, which 2 out of 3 janitors have no problem puttting in. When I have 30 cans that neeed bags is is more than a 2 second thing. As I said I typically do this. Lately due to a massive headache of a decontamination progect my co worker and I have been insanly busy. We were actually able to complete the progect, and only missed 2 work orders. Which were actually due to parts being on order. The amount of time it took him to come and find me to say that I needed to put the bags in the cans was much less than the amount of time that he would have taken to put the bags in the cans himself. If I had one more hour each day to do everything it would all be done, but they don't want to give me the OT, so there is that. The people in the Union would actually talk to me if I did work for free, so I don't even want to stay late.

Now one thing I really like is this yesterday one of my other co workers who actually knows how heavy my workload has been actually asked me if he could mop the autoclave room for me. I was greatful for that.

Now that I am done with my bitch session its time to innoculate some spore strips.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Exactly... You know this morning I was able to help the Hazmat tech, do my regular inspections, certify an autoclave, and then catch up on some backed up work. The only thing I didn't get to do was Autoclave out another load of RMW
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I'd like to elevate this conversation into an all out bitch session (if I may?)...

That's the problem in this world today! "It's not my job"! People today are not afraid of hard work. In fact, most will lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

"It's not my job!" That attitude is why were in a recession. Everybody's "entitled" to more. But, how dare you ask me to work hard to get it. God forbid I should be forced to carry my load!

“It’s not my job!”….. Bull Droppings! It’s everyone’s job! Stop bitching and complaining and get to work. No more freebees. With all the people out of work today, start replacing the lazy with the hungry. It won’t take long for Mother Nature to step in and thin out the herd. If you’re not willing to do the work, there’s someone else (with kids to feed) who is!!!
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

"Not my job."

I was hiking in the woods this week, and found an abandoned bicycle. It's a fairly nice one, dirt bike, 15-speed, good condition. Probably stolen, taken for a joy ride, then dumped. Luckily, it had a bicycle license sticker on it with a serial number. I called the police department to track it to the owner, so I could return it to the kid from whom it must have been stolen. Officer #1 passed me to Officer #2, who passed me to Officer #3, who passed me to Officer #4, who passed me back to Officer #1 again. Okay, now what? After working my way back to Officer #3 again, I was more insistent this time, and I managed to get a name out of them, but they don't have an address or phone number. And didn't seem to care to try and find it.

"Not my job!"

Actually, it IS their job. They just don't seem to care much.

So what's the point in registering your bicycle with police, if they aren't going to bother to record contact info, or look it up when needed?

Anyone want a nice kid's dirt bike? Photo attached.

Actually, I'm not done with this yet. The last name is unusual, and there are only four phone listings for that name. So I need to call each of them and inquire if they have a son who has lost a bicycle...

Actually John, that's a POS Wal-Mart bike. Can't say anything about your experience, but that bike is a piece.

I know nothing about bicycles these days, or their quality.

But I know a kid who has had his bike stolen is a sad kid, and if I can reunite them and make a happy kid, that will make a happy John. To the kid who owned this bike, it might have been his most prized possession.

Actually John, that's a POS Wal-Mart bike.

Can't say anything about your experience, but that bike is a piece.

Yes, It's a POS bike! But that's not the point. To some poor schlepp kid, it was the end of his life as he knew it the day it was stolen. So, anything you can do to find the kid that owns it is way more important than the quality or cost of the bike. Pay it forward brother!

So, anything you can do to find the kid that owns it is way more important than the quality or cost of the bike. Pay it forward brother!

Then a note to all the parents and friends of kids in the world. Keep a record of the type, model and serial number of the bike. Then when the bike is stolen, it can be entered into a tracking database like TCIC/NCIC. Upon recovering the bike, it can be returned easily to the correct owner.

Get online and look at police auctions and see how many departments auction off bicycles like that one by the PALLET because they're found and no owner can be found.

You have to take steps to prevent yourself from being a victim. The very basic things, like recording serial numbers, is something that should go with out saying!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Since they bothered to register the bike, it must have been important to the family who purchased it.

I think sometimes, as in this case, it may very well actually BE the person's job to do but it's so low on the list of their priorities that it all but falls off the list completely.

Here in Denver, though, we recently had a whopper of a "not my job" scenario. Someone found a bunch of files and information on people from a local hospital that had been left in a storage shed. When they took the documents to the police, the police department wanted nothing to do with it and suggested that the person who found the files should throw it away themselves. Fortunately, the person who found all of this information didn't let the matter drop.
TPM Sister #102

[Get online and look at police auctions and see how many departments auction off bicycles like that one by the PALLET because they're found and no owner can be found.

... or, maybe because no one (like johnrich) bothered to look for the owner.

It all goes back to the OP's original question... It's not my job?

Oh I thought it was the other three words.

:P

What's that? "Eat shit asshole?" :D

The words "i love you"? :P:P

How about "not tonight, dear" :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can't attest to the people that John talked to. What the call volume was or what was going on at the time. All departments prioritize calls. A found bicycle is going to be a lower priority then a traffic accident, a domestic disturbance and many many other types of calls for service. What happened for John? I have no idea.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think I work pretty hard and I am happy to still have a job. I also spend a lot of time doing things that fall outside my job description, some things technically I should *not* be doing because technically I am not "qualified" to do them. Most of the time, I don't mind but when I find myself fixing the same things for the same people over and over again, yes, I admit it- it gets to me! That has nothing to do with being lazy or asking for freebies.

"Stop, No, and Don't"? :D

It all depends on the timing and order of those words, e.g:

"Don't!!!...Stop!!!...Don't!!...Stop!!..Don't!..Stop!...Don't.Stop...Don't Stop...Don't stop! Don't stop!! DON'T STOP!!!"
:ph34r:

Agreed! We as a country always seem to get the order of words wrong...

Alcohol - Free or Free Alcohol
Drug- Free or Free Drugs

Which would YOU prefer?
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

What is worse is "Not Your Job".

Ever work in a shop dominated by a several unions whose rules sounded like they were created by a bunch of 5-year-olds, who would throw fits if you had the audacity to pick up a wrench and loosen two bolts instead spending an hour scouring the building for the mechanic whose job it was? And if they caught you doing it, they would go get mgt and the union steward and bring everything to a halt.

I can definitely relate to that. Had to deal with that every time I worked in NYC...every time. 1-week job lasted over a month...every time.

But that's OK. We were on the hour clock being paid by THEM. Plenty of time to go out and sightsee while waiting for their technicians.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239