skydiverbry

craigslist

Good experience buying things.

Bad in the pet section. We tried to find homes for some orphaned kittens. There are some fucking wackos in the pet section.

Yummy! Kitty stew!:S:S

Oh yeah, anybody want to go fishing???:o:D:D:D
I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

I am talking about within an hour or so of a new being posted. I don't look at anything more than 2 days old either.

Sex toys go fast on craigslist, huh? :)

if you consider washers and dryers sex toys....;)
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I am talking about within an hour or so of a new being posted. I don't look at anything more than 2 days old either.

You know that thing that spins that is in the middle of a washing machine? I guess you could sit on it. That thing has to have some horse power behind it.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Thanks I never used it for gear sale I know someone who did and warned him against it,but all went well.Now I have transferred fund to relatives and no problem either.
Just wanted some info.
Thanks again
Bry
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

All good experience here...

Got a $1000 antique table for $200, got a $5000 elliptical for $700, got a free kitten who's been a lot of fun, and a few other smaller odds and ends. Met some nice people, every transaction was easy.

I haven't sold anything on there, but have given a few things away (old furniture, etc), and again, no problems.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Craigslist is awesome.

I've found a job, roommates, events, and people on craigslist.

I've met some creepies, but also I've met some people that I will be friends with for a long time. I used to use craigslist when I was underage to network my way into nightclubs, etc....it's been an amazing tool for me thus far.

Recently another craigslist documentry was being filmed and they interviewed me for the film..;)

Best Girl Scout Ever.

You know that thing that spins that is in the middle of a washing machine? I guess you could sit on it. That thing has to have some horse power behind it.

Purposely unbalanced loads I've heard is more common. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Bought my motorcycle off it. Met at his house. Paid a deposit, met at the DMV to finalize (cash) and he drove the bike to my place and I gave him a ride home. :)

Recently another craigslist documentry was being filmed and they interviewed me for the film..;)

Ya fell for that old line? :P

Baby, I'll make ya a stah. :ph34r:

I got annoyed at the amount of people who wouldn't show up and didn't call to tell me they werern't coming, that's just rude.

When selling, I quickly learned that the first person to make arrangements and show up got the goods. If I had a bunch of other people interested and you weren't willing to set something up quickly, I didn't bother waiting. I had too many times where one buyer would say they wanted the item but wouldn't make arrangements to actually buy it ... if you price things right and have interest, you can just move on quickly to the next potential buyer.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have had great results as a buyer, but selling stuff on Craigslist is not as good as Ebay. Buyers on Ebay consider their offer to be a legal agreement. Buyers on Craiglist will show up to purchase your item only about half of the time. I guess they find something more interesting to spend their money on while they are driving to your house.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I'd strongly advise anyone posting an ad to set up a separate e-mail account for that purpose. I made sure to do so when I registered for Craigslist. Why? SPAM. The moment I used that e-address for Craigslist I started getting about 50-80 spam messages a day; and though it's been a few months since I last posted anything, the spam to that account hasn't eased off one bit. The sheer volume is really mind-blowing.
(Tip: Yahoo has free e-mail, and they have a great automatic spam-folder filter that's about 98% effective.)

I'd strongly advise anyone posting an ad to set up a separate e-mail account for that purpose. I made sure to do so when I registered for Craigslist. Why? SPAM. The moment I used that e-address for Craigslist I started getting about 50-80 spam messages a day; and though it's been a few months since I last posted anything, the spam to that account hasn't eased off one bit. The sheer volume is really mind-blowing.
(Tip: Yahoo has free e-mail, and they have a great automatic spam-folder filter that's about 98% effective.)

You don't have to register an account to post or view ads.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Just wondering...anyone here ever made one of those purchases on Craiglist, where the seller wants to be paid in roses???:S

:ph34r:

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh yeah,

Well I go get 180 freaken roses, cost me $540, head on over. Where talking things are looking good, then she asks if I have the "roses". I say "be right back, three trips from the car later and then she doesn't even want the damn things! Why even ask for 'em then? Sheesh:)

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Oh yeah,

Well I go get 180 freaken roses, cost me $540, head on over. Where talking things are looking good, then she asks if I have the "roses". I say "be right back, three trips from the car later and then she doesn't even want the damn things! Why even ask for 'em then? Sheesh:)

Matt

There's just no pleasin' some women! :D
Remster

You don't have to register an account to post or view ads.

OK, it's been a couple months since I used it, so I didn't remember that detail - but the point is, IF you post an ad, and IF you set the ad up so that someone can click on the "confidential link" which sends a response - through the Criagslist system - to your e-mail account, THEN you will thereafter get tons of spam. My own experience is proof of that (proof enough to me).

And come to think of it, since it's a "confidential" link, and thus goes thru Craigslist to reach your e-mail account, that means it's Craiglist itself that reveals your e-mail address to the spammers, even though supposedly that's supposed to be kept "confidential". And that sucks.

I'm cheap, therefore, I've bought and sold many, many items on CL. Great site and the originator still operates the company out of his home in Cali, with a staff of 20 or so and was offered around a billion for the company. He said no thanks.

Good site.
Party like it's $19.99