markovwgti

Did my First Flight Today

wait till you get into stalls, and yeah i'd have to agree with you flying does seem a little more scarier than skydiving

Meh. Stalls are no big deal...until you kick some hard rudder.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Taking the course to get my private pilots license...man its scarier then skydiving when i first did it!!!

I feel like im not in control at all..hardest part is turning while pitching up or down...and steering with the damn pedals!!!!

:)

Yeah, but when you learned how to skydive you didn't have an instructor sitting right next to you, able to grab the controls (and elbow you in the ribs to get you to let goB|) if something went wrong .

Seriously, it comes in time. You get the feel for the controls pretty quick. The precise touch you need for landing takes a little longer, but your experience flaring a canopy will help a lot.

All the pedals do in the air is keep you flying true (coordinated), they don't really turn you.
Steering with them on the ground (and not touching the yoke at all), now that takes some practice.

Edit to add: You don't actually land when you practice engine failures, you pick a good spot that you could use, set up for it and make the approach. At about 500 ft or so the instructor adds power back and away you go (and the engine is just pulled back to idle, it is never really shut off).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Stalls sound scary until you do them. Then it's like, "That's it??? That's what I was worried about??". Learning to fly is a wonderful experience. You are going to have a BLAST! :)One small hint: The instructor will occasionally try to catch you on this but, no matter what happens, always first fly the aircraft, then take care of navigating, engine out procedures, etc. I got caught breaking that rule once and got yelled at by my instructor at 3500 ft in a 152. I never did THAT again.

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

FlightSim is your friend.
Last Thursday I crashed more P-51's than i would care to remember.
Just remember there is no reset when your up there.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Stalls sound scary until you do them. Then it's like, "That's it??? That's what I was worried about??". Learning to fly is a wonderful experience. You are going to have a BLAST! :)One small hint: The instructor will occasionally try to catch you on this but, no matter what happens, always first fly the aircraft, then take care of navigating, engine out procedures, etc. I got caught breaking that rule once and got yelled at by my instructor at 3500 ft in a 152. I never did THAT again.

My instructor is a mid 20's really cool kid...he would never yell haha

So was mine. :D
It shocked the crap out of me, but it worked.

When I took my practical I went on the advice of my instructor and payed the examiner for an extra hour of his time after the exam was over for some one-on-one instruction. Those guys forget more about flying while taking a dump than most pilots will ever learn in their life. Mine was a Korea & Vietnam veteran.

HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

First flight! Just sensory overload. You'll do fine.

I'll try and look you up at skydive LI. I have relatives in centerreach and try to get up there a couple times a year.

If you instructor does spins, do a few, even if they aren't required for private they are a confidence builder. IMHO as a CFII

Hardest part for me is talking with the tower (and understanding what they say in staccato fire English)

I never wanted (and till don't) want my license, just that if I was flying with my dad, or whoever and need to take over and land I can.
Mostly I would/will fly U/L's:)

I have never developed indigestion from eating my words.
Winston Churchill

First flight! Just sensory overload. You'll do fine.

I'll try and look you up at skydive LI. I have relatives in centerreach and try to get up there a couple times a year.

If you instructor does spins, do a few, even if they aren't required for private they are a confidence builder. IMHO as a CFII

Hey centereach is the town right next to me!! DO you come up here to fly or jump?