Radiance

Skydiving dreams

So last night, I dreamt that I had the opportunity to jump from the Space Shuttle. I got myself manifested, it was going to be about a 30 minute wait, and the two non-skydiving friends I was with said they couldn't wait that long, especially since it would take so long after I got on the load for me to actually be back down.

So I went and un-manifested myself and left, bitterly disappointed.

Dream interpretations? Anyone else have interesting skydiving dreams that are beyond the usual "oh shit, I don't even have my rig on!" nightmares?
We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
-- John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

My "ususal" skydiving dream is one where the slider won't come down, and I fight with it until it opens fully just as I land.

I had a weird one a few weeks ago doing a wingsuit base jump, at some sort of deserted "scenic overlook" place. It may be a place I've been to before, but I don't remember it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My dreams about skydiving generally have a hard pull scenario. I usually get something out but sometimes just before impact. I always walk away thinking "I sure hope nobody seen that."

I have the exact same scenario in my dreams....
“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I have the norm skydiving dreams but the other night I had this: I jumped out and as I was leaving I looked down and saw the DZO's wife (AFF-I) and her student sitting Indian style on a cloud, just talking. So i flew past and as I pulled nothing happened. So I cut away and pulled my reserve and just kept, pulling, and pulling and pulling the reserve ripcord until I had like 50 feet of red ribbon (which was the reserve ripcord cable) and all of a sudden I land under reserve and my main lands right next to me, already packed and in the bag. Pretty weird.

Two night ago I dreamed I shot these two mob guys in the head and instead of dying they got pissed and one dude went to my Mini, opened up the back hatch grabbed my rig and pulled the reserve and I was crying and pissed off because I had just got it repacked the day before (in my dream).
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

I only have one but it keeps coming back allot, I am in FF and when I pull nothing happens, I pull and pull and it keeps getting longer and longer untill everything goes black! I don't think I need to analyse too long to find out what it means but I am a bit concerned about the fact that I never go for the cut/reserve handles