skydiver30960

Lessons learned the hard way

It's possible to put an impeller on backwards. When this happens no water will cool your boat engine it will overheat and the impeller spinning without lubricant will burn and break to pieces.

Keep the propeller on a boat away from shallow water. All it takes is one tap on a high rock to put a small dent on it and make it useless.

If you know there is a leak on your automobile airconditioning system, don't ASSume its the more expensive parts that are leaking if you can't find the leak. It could be a $20 pipe.

Changing the transmission fluid on a standard shit car is difficult. Strongly consider paying somebody to doing before taking on this project.

When learning to carve steep on slalom turns (waterskiing) ask the boat driver to go only as fast as is needed to keep you above the water. wiping out at 40 hurts signficantly more than wiping out at 28.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

Oh yeah, trying to steer my bike with only my feet on the handlebars while going down hill.[:/]

Ha Ha Ha!!

If you want to see how far you can ride your bike with your eyes closed there WILL be a telephone pole at the same place you hit the curbB|
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

When learning to carve steep on slalom turns (waterskiing) ask the boat driver to go only as fast as is needed to keep you above the water. wiping out at 40 hurts signficantly more than wiping out at 28.

Been there, done that, have the scar and stitches to prove it. Ski went flying and came back down and hit me. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Been there, done that, have the scar and stitches to prove it. Ski went flying and came back down and hit me. B|

:P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Wash your hands really well after slicing habaneros.

Especially if you wear contacts and/or think you might be getting lucky any time in the near future. Better yet, wear gloves when slicing hot peppers.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Make sure when visiting or having relatives visit you don't just grab what you think is tooth paste and start to brush your teeth. It might just be fixodent.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

It was from waterskiing. But it sure was cool flexing my hand and watching the muscles move in the gaping cut on my arm.

Now snow-skiing, I've taken my share of falls and gaffes. Once while riding the lift, I hung my poles on the bar in front of me. Approaching the half-way get-off point, I wondered why the guy in the booth was waving and pointing at me. Chair goes over off-ramp, both poles get bent at 90 degree angles. D'OH!

And another time I was fast approaching the end of a run near the line of skiers getting on the lift when I noticed I was about to get beheaded by the nearly invisible rope marking the line-up lanes! :S Cracked one of my ski boots down the back and broke a pole when I instinctively fell backwards to one side. No injuries. More stuff to buy. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I learned that lesson when I was working on a dairy farm in the Middle Ages before I joined the Army. While I was "taking the pause that refreshes" the f--king comdeians that I worked with turned on the power[:/] That was back in 1975 and I can still feel it

B|

Now snow-skiing, I've taken my share of falls and gaffes. Once while riding the lift, I hung my poles on the bar in front of me. Approaching the half-way get-off point, I wondered why the guy in the booth was waving and pointing at me. Chair goes over off-ramp, both poles get bent at 90 degree angles. D'OH!

And another time I was fast approaching the end of a run near the line of skiers getting on the lift when I noticed I was about to get beheaded by the nearly invisible rope marking the line-up lanes! :S Cracked one of my ski boots down the back and broke a pole when I instinctively fell backwards to one side. No injuries. More stuff to buy. :|

Snow skiing I have an exciting one.

Don't ASSume that because you are sitting on the chair lift that you can be comfortable kicking your skiis back and forth to deal with boredom. Sometimes that chairlift could be close enough to the terrain underneath that with a pair of 200's on, you might get them caught on a rock and that can lunge you foward off the chair lift.
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

1.) Never fry bacon while naked.

Pssh, how else am I suposed to get my adrenaline rush in the winter?

yea cuz god knows you cant base jump

Here's one Dan:

Don't constantly ridicule someone when you need something from them. They are eventually going to get pissed and then you arent going to get what you want. :S
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero