packerboy

Neptune speed readings

I just got two Neptunes (one for my girlfriend), and both of them on the first few jumps showed some pretty radical speed readings ie. 170mph at 3K. And one jumps shows deployment right after exit. Is this normal? Both altitudes and average speed seems normal, but sI am concerned about the erroneous readings... should I dismiss this and not worry about it?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I just recieved them from Alti-2 last week, I would hope that I have the most updated firmware, but I'll check.

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I just spent some time on the phone with Lara from Alti-2. She's really nice btw. We are analyzing the paralog graphs and I shall get back. It may have something to do w/ a slow climb on the Cessna or maybe even dropping a bit while letting a H&P out at 3,500 ft before resuming climb.. not sure, but definately have the right folks checking it out for me.

Where did you have them mounted? The transducers in audable altimiters are pretty sensitive and depending where they are mounted and depending on your body's orientation can produce quite interesting readings.

I wear mine on the wrist and have seen pretty normal readings. One time however I had a pretty weird reading when I made a skydive and another person that was jumping with me put her hand over the Neptune in freefall.

And yes, as was suggested earlier make sure you have the latest software. Version 2.6.0 is the newest version.

--
Mark N