SethInMI

Recommend me a good "internet' bank

I use USAA now, and they are great but I want to start a new joint account and it is best kept totally separate, i.e. a separate bank.

USAA internet banking offers several features I like:

1. Up to $15 a month in ATM fee automatic reimbursement. You can use any ATM to get cash, they pay the fee, so it is like any ATM is "your" ATM.
2. Free business reply mail-in deposit envelopes, so you can deposit checks for free.
3. Good free online bill pay.
4. No monthly fees, no minimum balance.

Downside is very low interest, about 0.1% APY.

Anyone else have a bank setup similar to this that they like and recommend?

Thanks,

Seth
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I use USAA now, and they are great but I want to start a new joint account and it is best kept totally separate, i.e. a separate bank.

USAA internet banking offers several features I like:

1. Up to $15 a month in ATM fee automatic reimbursement. You can use any ATM to get cash, they pay the fee, so it is like any ATM is "your" ATM.
2. Free business reply mail-in deposit envelopes, so you can deposit checks for free.
3. Good free online bill pay.
4. No monthly fees, no minimum balance.

Downside is very low interest, about 0.1% APY.

Anyone else have a bank setup similar to this that they like and recommend?

Thanks,

Seth

countrywide has good interest rates and service with ATM fee refunds. It's easy to move money in and out with their "savingslink"

e*trade has good interest rates and is less likely to go out of business.

Send your money to me.
I'll give you great rates. Hell, I'll go 10%
I'll also give you free ATM all month every month
as long as your balance is over 10,000 dollars.

the only thing I won't gaurantee is that your money will be accessible immediately after deposit.
My photos

My Videos

I looked a little bit at ING, Everbank, and e-trade.

I am primarly interested in no-hassle money access with this account, as I will not have a lot of money in it. ING appeared to only allow ATM access at certain ATMs (although these were plentiful, you had to do an internet search to find them, and most were in stores so no drive up access) and Everbank offered ATM fee reimbursements, but you had to send in the receipts in the supplied envelopes, which seemed like a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check out the others.
It's flare not flair, brakes not breaks, bridle not bridal, "could NOT care less" not "could care less".

I know you want to keep them separate but why not just open a new account with USAA?

I have about 8 accounts with them.
I assume that you don't want your SO to have the ability to check / mess with your other accounts.

MAYBE they can give you a completely different account without linking it to your others.
My photos

My Videos

Right, I wanted separate passwords and usernames that cannot access the other accounts I have, with a separate bill pay setup for separate bills.

I don't think they can do that, but I should ask them again.

I like credit unions, I have been a member of Navy Federal Credit Union since I was a kid, and there Flagship Rewards Visa one of the best rewards programs (IMHO), but I like the fee forgiveness that USAA has and I am trying to replicate that. It is soooo nice to realize you need cash and not have to look for a specific ATM or brand of ATM. Just be able to go to any ATM and not have to pay a fee. And I mean anywhere, I used it in Europe and Asia too.