skyblu3

Icon vs Atom Legend

icon's simply don't have the time-tested rep to start. the tolerances for construction variation are relatively high on both rigs. i.e. lack of symetry on closing flaps both main and reserve. also incosistent tention on riser covers. As far as the atom legend goes I've witnessed three "table totals" on the reserve, not packed by me, but by two OTHER riggers.
edited to add: they are not "shitty" but if you're gonna spend big dollars on an item especially a lif-saving item don't you want first rate? If I spend 1000 plus buck on something I at least want insanely low tolerances on symetry. I'm sure both companies would fix any incosistentcies in your product, but they shouldn't have to fix something after you drop big dollars. One table-total is enough for me to not want it on my back. Go look at some Icons. Does the tuck tab on the main flap sit fluch into its slot, or is there a gap? If there is a gap, is it an even gap on both sides sitting horizontal or slightly a skew? Not a real performance issue, but why have issues at all?
Sig lines are so stupid.

icon's simply don't have the time-tested rep to start.

They both have had a pretty good rep so far.

the tolerances for construction variation are relatively high on both rigs. i.e. lack of symetry on closing flaps both main and reserve. also incosistent tention on riser covers.

Just because you can't pack them a symetrically doesn't mean that there was a manufacturing defect.

As far as the atom legend goes I've witnessed three "table totals" on the reserve, not packed by me, but by two OTHER riggers.

So you're a rigger after all? With your attitude I wouldn't let you near my shoelaces much less my reserve.

edited to add: they are not "shitty" but if you're gonna spend big dollars on an item especially a lif-saving item don't you want first rate? If I spend 1000 plus buck on something I at least want insanely low tolerances on symetry. I'm sure both companies would fix any incosistentcies in your product, but they shouldn't have to fix something after you drop big dollars. One table-total is enough for me to not want it on my back.

So what rig/canopies do you jump?

Go look at some Icons. Does the tuck tab on the main flap sit fluch into its slot, or is there a gap? If there is a gap, is it an even gap on both sides sitting horizontal or slightly a skew? Not a real performance issue, but why have issues at all?

The icon looks fine if you pack it correctly.

maybe you guys can help me??
I dont really care for your argument or slanging match but is it legal to pack anything other than a no Pdf reserve in an atom container?? Hobbit reserve!

Why, in gods name would you want a Hobbit? There are much newer choices out there. Is it diapered?

Mick.