airtwardo

Houston's "CrazY LarrY"

I got a call late Wednesday night from Larry, he'd just gotten out of the hospital following a week in, due to complications from an infected chest tube, which was removed...

He asked me to take him to the DZ yesterday...we didn't go to 'watch'!
~we did some CReW, B|

The guy is getting 3X a 'normal' amount of Chemo juice every Monday which has him down from 160 to 100lbs.

We really enjoyed a 14,000' hop & pop, even had a beer on the way home.

Talk about a 180 degree difference in mindset & demeanor following a dose of air time...RX: Altitude-apply when needed.

Hang in there buddy!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sounds like he's still got the attitude to go with the altitude -- that's where it's at!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I got a call late Wednesday night from Larry, he'd just gotten out of the hospital following a week in, due to complications from an infected chest tube, which was removed...

He asked me to take him to the DZ yesterday...we didn't go to 'watch'!
~we did some CReW, B|

The guy is getting 3X a 'normal' amount of Chemo juice every Monday which has him down from 160 to 100lbs.

We really enjoyed a 14,000' hop & pop, even had a beer on the way home.

Talk about a 180 degree difference in mindset & demeanor following a dose of air time...RX: Altitude-apply when needed.

Hang in there buddy!

That's great! Ya' can't help but hope and pray for the best for him. Heckuva guy! Big parayers... his way!

Chuck

Hey Everyone,

I want to thank you all for your warm wishes and prayers - it really means a lot - I was really surprised when I found this thread, its nice to have family. Everyone has been great to me - a few people drop by and help me with cleaning and going to the store for me, etc...but the best part is having someone to talk to. EZ, Jim and Angela stop in on my pretty often and Walt calls every couple of days. It has helped me a lot.

I had taken some time off working for a month long road-trip. Got to see the shuttle go up under a 3-stack at night with Ballistic Bob and Damien (at Sebastion) and was planning on getting my tandem rating a week later, 3 days after the launch, I was in bed and haven't really been out of bed since - that was November...

getting to do the jump with jim (twardo) was great, but I paid for it - couldn't even move for 4 days...LOL. Everyone at Spaceland was looking out for me, it was nice. I can't wait until I can go and jump all day again, but its going to be a while.

Well, I do my last round (hopefully) tomorrow (Monday). Just for the record, I am not taking 3X the regular amount, its three drugs, given IV, three times in one setting, once a week. As this crap attacks the immune system, I have also been lucky enough to catch every bug going around...MRSI, strep, flu, etc - which has put me on the hospital a few times...now comes the hard part - my whole body hurts constantly and have no energy, I have to find a way to get my ass out of bed soon and start trying to put the weight back on...and the only way to do that is by working out, being able to eat won't do it by itself - metabolism prevents me from holding fat...lol. My best friend of 30 years is coming down from Maryland in a few weeks, he's going to play "drill sargent" to get me going down the right road...I've asked him to work my ass until I can't take anymore and then push for more...no sympathy (you want sympathy, look between shit and syphallis in the dictionary...LOL).

Don't worry though, the first time I went through this, they gave me 20% chance for two years...that was 10 years ago. I am just too mean to die...and besides, I ain't gonna die in bed...I am going to come screaming in yellin' "what a fucking ride!"

Anyways, just waiting for the painkillers to kick in so I can get to the kitchen and try to eat something.

Thank you all for all your wishes and prayers - I hope to see you all again soon.

Peace,

CrazyLarry

"Life is 90% Attitude and 10% bullshit..."

getting to do the jump with jim (twardo) was great, but I paid for it - couldn't even move for 4 days...LOL.

I told Faith you were a bad influence...'made' me go skydiving & drinking beer on a weekday. B|

If we're gonna do anything except CReW in the near future, you really gotta put some weight back on... ya floaty butt popcorn fart! :ph34r::P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~