Mr.Bill

Rented any good movies lately

In Bruges. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a while.

+1, in fact i think it's one of the only roles i've actually enjoyed Collin Farrell in

I just watched it this past week. The only thing I had seen him in was an episode of "Scrubs". I thought he was very good. The movie was strange, and a weird combination of violence and humor, but at least it was not predictable.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

2001 : A Space Odyssey is a good movie if you watch it in fast forward.

I just watched Apocalypse Now and Blade Runner.

Apocalypse Now and Blade Runner have story structures that can be followed.

2001, while a great film for film's sake, has story and editing issues that make it very draggy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well have ya? looking for recommendations, comedy, drama, thriller, etc.

_Little Dieter Needs to Fly_

After making eye contact with an allied pilot flying a few feet from his home on a strafing mission, little Dieter Dengler realized that he needed to fly.

Dirt poor, he hitchiked accross europe to catch a boat to the US where he joined the air force. After years in the kitchen and later the motor pool he finally made it as a pilot.

Then his A1 Skyraider was shot down over Laos.

He was captured and eventually escaped.

A most excellent documentary by Werner Herzog.

I rented the Documentary Expelled Done by Ben Stein. REALLY interesting. It's a documentary about the intellectual battle between Evolution and Intelligent Design (NOT Creationism). Although Stein is obviously bias as a believer of I.D., he's main thesis isn't whether one is right or wrong, but the emotion between the camps is such that even debate or intellectual discussion between the groups is cut off.
=========Shaun ==========

I rented the Documentary Expelled Done by Ben Stein. REALLY interesting. It's a documentary about the intellectual battle between Evolution and Intelligent Design (NOT Creationism). Although Stein is obviously bias as a believer of I.D., he's main thesis isn't whether one is right or wrong, but the emotion between the camps is such that even debate or intellectual discussion between the groups is cut off.

Ugh! Excellent example of how not to do a documentary. Very much like a right wing Michael Moore the opinion comes first and THEN he decides what to shoot. I didn't like it at all.

I'm curious, did you also happen to see the similarly made but completely opposite Bill Maher "documentary" Religulous. I also have the same beef with his, but I think if you're going to see one you might as well see both just to contrast and compare.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I've just finished watching "No Country for Old Men" - good film... well worth the watch.

"What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?"
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Sex Drive! I have only watched 15min so far and its fuckin funny!!

Wait till you get to the good parts!

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I've just finished watching "No Country for Old Men" - good film... well worth the watch.

Pity it has no ending.

Damn you Coen Brothers!!!

The ending drove my wife nuts...lol

I thot it was a nice change for a movie, more like real life...
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."