mdrejhon

Experiences with Vendors who have helmets in stock for ASAP shipping

Hi,

I've been borrowing my dropzones' helmets for so long. Now I need a helmet I can call my own.

I need a helmet is less than 2 weeks, so I am wondering if I should order directly from the manufacturer, or if I should order through a place like ParaGear. Opinions?

I ordered a Protec from Paragear and had it in my hands - in Canada - in a week.

If you need it in 2 weeks you should call any one you're thinking of ordering it from and find out how fast they can ship. I got lucky - the border can really slow things down.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I decided to call ParaGear and directly ask if they had a FREEZR helmet in stock. (I like Metallic Red and I heard it's a pretty comfortable helmet).

Only problem is that I wish I could try it on first - but I know I have tried on a couple other helmets at the dropzone (Z1 and OXYGEN). Head size "Large" seems to fit me well.

Is FREEZR "Large" roughly the same size "fit" as Z1 "Large" and OXYGEN "Large"?

Ask them to send your new helmet via United Staes Postal Service/Canada Post, because most of the courier companies (i.e. Fedex and Purolator) always delay parcels for a few days at the border, and they derive a perverse joy in bending you over and raping you with "customs brokerage fees."

I tried the FreezR, and did not like the security of the fit. The chin strap serves no purpose. I had every size of mix and match liner component, so it wasn't the size. The FreezR does provide a lot of room for eyeglasses.

Other folks like them okay.

You need to jump the helmet, in your size, before buying one. At least you need to try it on.

The advice to try before you buy is very good. Helmets come in all shapes and sizes, just like heads. You need one that will fit your head properly, and you can't tell that from a catalog.

As far as quick shipping, I or most any other gear dealer will be able to accomodate for most models they carry.

I ordered a Bonehead Optik from Paragear and they had it to me in 8 days. And I live in South Africa, now that's impressive.
I told some buddies about how good their service was so they placed an order and again Paragear had their helmets to them in in 8 days.

Sick service if you ask me.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Ask them to send your new helmet via United Staes Postal Service/Canada Post, because most of the courier companies (i.e. Fedex and Purolator) always delay parcels for a few days at the border, and they derive a perverse joy in bending you over and raping you with "customs brokerage fees."

You missed UPS, brokerage fees like you would not believe!!!!

Mark

Remster and the others are right about trying it on first.

There is one type of helmet I can't seem to get a comfortable fit no matter what size, but my Factory Diver fits just fine.

The dropzones I think your planning on going to have well stocked gear stores. Ten minutes in one of those stores & you'll know for sure what is a comfortable fit for you and what is not. At the prices your going to pay for a helmet, it's better to be sure.

You will also save on the shipping and brokerage fees, so much so that you could probably do another jump if not more with the savings.

Fuzzy
Ambition / Ability: Know the difference.

Hi,

I've been borrowing my dropzones' helmets for so long. Now I need a helmet I can call my own.

I need a helmet is less than 2 weeks, so I am wondering if I should order directly from the manufacturer, or if I should order through a place like ParaGear. Opinions?

Most "real" gear shops (those that have an actual building and full-time employees) have a great variety of helmets in stock at all times. What do you want? My recommendation is SkyCAT. (910) 875-7231.

Chuck