skybum02

New Audible Needed - Any Suggestions?

New Audible Needed - Any Suggestions?

Hello, I have been out of the sport for a year due to military commitments and I need a new audible. I would like one that has a log book and the data can be downloaded into a computer, preferably without having to buy additional hardware (e.g. Protrack and Jumptrack), but that is not a deal breaker. I have seen several of the new ones out there… Protrack, Neptune, and Skytronic GFX. Also who has the best prices on the Audibles?

Thanks
Swooping, so easy a caveman could do it...

There is the option as well of having a Dytter in your helmet and something on your wrist with the log book. I like the Neptune on my wrist.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

is that the reason why the pro dytter is more expensive then the optima is?

Pro-Dytter or Pro-Track? Pro-Track is more expensive than Optima, right. Mads said it will be their only logbook audible for now, and will eventually be replaced by something new.

If Pro-Dytter is indeed more expensive than the Optima, then I suggest looking for another dealer. After the price decrease, some dealers apparently thought, "Hey, what the hell. We don't have competition to worry about, so why don't we simply keep the price the way it has always been?" -- that's the case in Russia, anyway. It's a real hoot, seeing Solo for pre-sale at $129, and ProDytter at $160, while to put it in Mads's own words, ProDytter is meant "to remain the cheapest audible on the market" and that the dealers "were supposed to adjust to the new suggested retail prices." As irony has it, it's cheaper for me to buy it from Paragear overseas, shipping included, than from my friendly neighborhood L&B dealer.

and does the optima has somethings like fallrate, seconds of freefall etc?

Not to my knowledge, no. You can get an Altitrack for analog altimeter/logbook and a Solo/Optima for your audible needs. Or look at Neptune/Wave. Heck, your Vigil can display your fallrate and freefall time. The market is versatile, and your choices are many.