stitch

Do you have a Blockbuster card ?

I didn't think they were allowed to charge late fees any more? Didn't they rename them to something like "restocking fees" or some lame coverup name like that? :ph34r:

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I didn't think they were allowed to charge late fees any more? Didn't they rename them to something like "restocking fees" or some lame coverup name like that? :ph34r:

I used to work there *gag* Back when I was there:

The late fee is as follows: If it is passed the initial Due Date $1.25 charge is tacked on. If 30 days has passed, you are charged the price of the movie and it is taken out of inventory from the store--so even if you say "**** THIS I don't wanna pay up $20." It's too bad cuz the store can no longer accept it.

Since then things have again changed and you can actually get sent to collection allegedly for not returning it...[:/]
/\\>

Yes. I try to not rent from them anymore. I hate it how having a video one day late is more than it costs to rent it for 2 weeks.....for a non-new release.... WTF?

What are you talking about? I rent from Blockbuster regularly, and almost always return the movies late, but never see any late fees.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

About 25 years ago when VHS rentals started getting popular my GF joined a local place. They listed movies by number. The GF wanted her membership # as her first rental. The gal behind the counter was :o when she saw the video, but my GF laughed & thought it was super! The movie? Deep Throat! :D From then until the place folded she never needed to show a membership card. She was "Deep Throat!"

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I used to work in the UK head-office as a Financial Analyst.. Back when the UK had 700+ stores, and millions in late-fees.. It's quite hard to get that money back, 'cause it's just 5 bucks here & 2 bucks there.. Sending the collection agencies gave us *such* a bad rep, but people just don't realise how much it adds up to!!

It's a dinosaur business model anyway, though.. People just don't want the hassle of bringing back movies.. Especially when you can usually just buy DVD's for less than the cost of renting them..

Sucks to be Blockbuster right now!!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Netflix is the way to go. Block buster lost my business 5 years ago and will never see it again.

At Blockbuster I can pick the movie I want to watch tonight. I couldn't do that with Netflix. Also, our local Blockbuster is in the parking of the grocery store we go to every night when we decide what we want for dinner. Mood-based decisions that don't require prior planning FTW. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

What are you talking about? I rent from Blockbuster regularly, and almost always return the movies late, but never see any late fees.

Same here. I had to be over 7 days late before i got a late fee.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Have any late fees? :P

My Blockbuster account is clean [only because they seem to wipe your slate every couple years - I'm positive I owed them money. :)] I owe Hollywood $50.00 though; I wasn't so lucky - they don't wipe your slate clean. I haven't rented from there for 3 years+

The good news is, I'm being good now; I've learned not to return things late to Blockbuster.......this in & of itself is shocking!
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I've had the same Card since 96 at least, used it at blockbusters all over ythe country, it's convienent that way, I only rent 2 or 3 times a year, but in years past I rented 2 or 3 a month, again use in many different states, even while traveling... probably the only reason I keep it.
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

That's why I do "best of both worlds" and use Blockbuster Online (like Netflix) and can do an impulse movie. I got in before they raised the prices, so I am getting better value than Netflix (if I use my monthly in-store coupon & return 1-2 movies in store). It's about the same value if I'm not aggressive on the coupons.

At their current listed prices, I wouldn't recommend them for someone looking for a new subscription though :(
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention

Handed my card back and told them I would never give them my business again after one of their employees tried to keep my drivers license and I even had to leave the store and return with a cop to get it back.>:( My husband still goes there, but I dont really have any urge to go back there again.

I've learned.... That being kind is more important than being
right.