KellyF

Made a special handle for a special customer....

We have a customer (we'll now call him Butterfingers) that has had I think 3 reserve rides this summer, and lost his reserve handle ALL THREE TIMES. Butterfingers calls earlier this week to order up a replacement for the handle that we sent him just 2-3 weeks ago!:S

So in the interest of saving him some money (and for being such a great customer), we built him the handle in the attached pic;):)

What the hell are you talking about?

LOL!:$:$:$:$:$ I was thinking the cutaway handle:$:$:$

Derek

Does your cutaway handle have a reserve pin attached to it:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was actually thinking of recommending an automated system for jumpers like your customer.

It is based upon the clapper. http://wonderfulbuys.com/clap.asp

"Clap on, clap off, the clapper."

The jumper would just clap twice and the main would go bye bye. The next sequence of events would be determined if the jumper had an RSL or not, but of course we would recommend they clap twice again just in case the RSL does not work.

If he is a videographer for tandems and does the customary "clap clap piece sign shot" for the video that will be a very expensive jump!:P

Matt

Oh no, I got that figured out too. Here is some text about the clapper that can be used to adjust the sensitivity:

Plus, the clapper now includes clap indication lights to aid with proper clapping and a sensitivity dial to increase or decrease the Clapper's sensitivity to your unique clap.

anyway, here is my product lit sheet released this week. The Clapper Corp just reworked a previous document for me to incorporate it into skydiving.

The Clapper is a device that is activated by sound sensory, and will activate any two handles plugged into it. The Clapper itself is installed on the main lift web. When activated by the sound of your clapping, it will control up to two handles and pull them, depending on the number of times you clap. This product is perfect for those hard-to-reach handles or for when you just don't want to reach for them. Plus, the clapper now includes clap indication lights to aid with proper clapping and a sensitivity dial to increase or decrease the Clapper's sensitivity to your unique clap.

The Clapper can help a variety of skydivers in a variety of ways. Do you find yourself sometimes too tired to even attempt to find the handle? Sometimes, do you wish you didn't have to reach to find the reserve? The Clapper to the rescue!

And now, the clapper can be set up to activate the reserve when it hears any sound. Naturally, this wouldn't be good when you're solo , but it is a great ground deterrent when you're with a group, or on vacation with friends. If someone does not like you, they simply clap twice to end your part of the skydive, or if you are going low or an AFF student, they can deploy for you simply by yelling "darwin".

Obviously I yield to Kelly when it comes to rig design matters, but I always thought it was a bad idea to have too much exposed hook velcro around rigs - something to do with it chewing up harness webbing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I probably am)........

Still looking forward to the day I can order my Infinity though.

Nick
---------------------------
"I've pierced my foot on a spike!!!"

If ya look carefully, the velcro on the handle is the soft part (ie no hooks).

The hook side is on the glove, which would make for an extremely interesting skydive should you find yourself in freefall with a sheep. (or very hairy dude who's jumping in just a t-shirt) :D:S

If ya look carefully, the velcro on the handle is the soft part (ie no hooks).

The hook side is on the glove, which would make for an extremely interesting skydive should you find yourself in freefall with a sheep. (or very hairy dude who's jumping in just a t-shirt) :D:S

I'm pretty sure Clay has several pairs of those gloves..... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Very funny if he grap his handles just before the exit just to be sur they are stil there :)

Ya, I invented a self packing parachute last week... No pictures because the patent is not filed yet... But as you flare it all goes back in the container ready for the next jump... I have the same problem as you mentioned about touching the handles for practice, except it is when you do practice flare at 1000 feet you have to redeploy... Once I get that figured out, I will sell ya all the rig.:$B|:P