Megatron

Skydivers vs. Scuba divers

Scuba diver pulls out dive knife and stabs skydiver. End of battle.

Scuba diver can't dive fast enought to catch skydiver. Tie.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

100 skydivers vs. 100 scuba divers in a fight to the death..who will win?? Don't be bias!

Depends on the exit altitude and the LZ.

12,500' over the desert and the skydivers are in fat city ~ 10' over the Pacific...not so much! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

What if you do both? Do I get to choose my side then?

Nope...then ya gotta sit in the corner with ALL your gear on and abuse yourself.

...like THAT'S something new! :ph34r:

If ya need me, I'll be in the corner............:D

at least you'll have some company :P
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Scuba diver pulls out dive knife and stabs skydiver. End of battle.

:D:D yeah hook knives against dive knives would suck.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

100 skydivers vs. 100 scuba divers in a fight to the death..who will win?? Dont be bias!

Throw a few skydivers out of a boat without scuba gear..... good chance to survive for at least 60 seconds.

Throw a few scuba divers out of a plane without rigs..... and 60 seconds later there's some used scuba gear on the market....
Owned by Remi #?

100 skydivers vs. 100 scuba divers in a fight to the death..who will win?? Dont be bias!

Throw a few skydivers out of a boat without scuba gear..... good chance to survive for at least 60 seconds.

Throw a few scuba divers out of a plane without rigs..... and 60 seconds later there's some used scuba gear on the market....

For a proper comparison, have a few skydivers get out of submarine at 150 ft, and see how well they survive ;)

For a proper comparison, have a few skydivers get out of submarine at 150 ft, and see how well they survive ;)

if I had my choice of a freefall with no rig or a free ascent from 150', hmmm - let me think about that one
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

100 skydivers vs. 100 scuba divers in a fight to the death..who will win?? Don't be bias!

if I had my choice of a free-fall with no rig or a free ascent from 150', hmmm - let me think about that one

One way yer bait...the other yer chum!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Why skydiving is tougher than scuba diving:

-You don't get a snorkel.

-Boats are cheaper than planes.

-There ain't no shallow end of the pool in skydiving.

-Scuba divers have at least as long as they can hold their breath to fix their problems. Most bag locks aren't that patient.

-It's humanly impossible to tread air until help arrives.

There, that should settle the debate.:P:P:P

I teach both. Skydivers win. You'll rarely see a "sport" like scuba, where so many people are overweight and out of shape - you don't have to be in good shape to be suspended in water - in the Caymans, they'll even carry your gear to the end of the boat, dress you, and push you into the water. Think of the fat people in the movie "Wall-E" - that about describes many scuba divers I know.

OTOH, I'd rather hang out with scuba divers - they aren't a bunch of assholes, like many skydivers are.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

And the scube guys leave a lot more people under the waves than we leave up in the sky!

I actually witnessed this at a DZ once:

Mother of first-jump student anxiously looking up at the sky:
"Oh, I hope he gets down OK!"

Crusty old-timer with Southern drawl:
"Don't worry ma'am; He'll get down OK; We ain't never left nobody up there yet."

:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.