karenmeal

We're moving to Colorado!! Wooohoo!

I just accepted an internship position at a hospital in Longmont, CO and we're moving there March 25th!

Sun, real seasons, powdery snow, thunderstorms, a change of scenery, new flyfishing spots, a new DZ - I cannot wait!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Where are you living now?

I am curious since you said SUN? Are you living in a cave?

EDIT:
Well a quick view of your profile says Snohomish.
I guess I understand now.

It is perpetually winter (and rain)up there?
My photos

My Videos

I mostly complete my courses this quarter. I'll have some very easy credits and a part-time internship next quarter, but I don't count that.

With regards to the sun... we currently live near Bellingham, WA. Believe it or not, the weather is worse here than in Seattle. That includes a summer of approximately 2 weeks and rain and gloom the rest of the year.

It is perpetually miserable outside and is majorly getting in the way of our outdoor hobbies.

Yay for a change in scenery!

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Congrats Karen,
I am so excited for you. The perpetual winter up here is really a drag.....especially bad this year it seems. Hopefully we will still see you at LP. Good luck! We will miss you.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Just a word of warning, though: March is historically our snowiest month of the year. If you come and it looks like the dead of winter, do not give up hope.

I LOVE snow! I miss living in a place where you don't have to drive to see snow. I hope as soon as we get there a blizzard hits! :P

As far as the internship, it is at Longmont United Hospital. I will be learning the ropes of medical speech-language pathology. When I finish my internship in June, I will be trying to find a job in the same area and setting.

I think we may come back for some backpacking trips.. but mostly there will always be Lost Prairie. :)
And mile high landings sound like fun!

We've got some of the greatest backpacking around. Just ask Skybytch and Renee. They both have flown out here to hit the trail with me. I think there are some threads on the different trips around here somewhere.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2405853;search_string=backpacking%20in%20colorado;#2405853

I can't fine Renee's thread, but just ask them.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm very excited about backpacking in Colorado! I love that high alpine feel. I also am looking forward to being above tree level! I haven't done much of that.

You'll have to point Jeff and I in the direction of some nice loop trips. :)

I can't believe the time has finally come. We're leaving Washington state on Friday and hopefully getting to Longmont on Sunday.

So who will I be meeting at Mile-High? Anyone need a pack job?;)

-Karen

I can't believe the time has finally come. We're leaving Washington state on Friday and hopefully getting to Longmont on Sunday.

-Karen

Neener Neener.. I am sititng in the Sushi bar next to the SV CO tunnel... just did 15 minutes belly flying...... ow... ow....ow...ow...

15 more backflying in a couple hours...

-Karen

Neener Neener.. I am sititng in the Sushi bar next to the SV CO tunnel... just did 15 minutes belly flying...... ow... ow....ow...ow...

Dang bud you're about 200 yards from my office. We could have had a brew and talked politics. LOL ;)
Gently pushing comfort zones since 1976...

70 degrees, sunny, at the foot of the rocky mountains and you're spending your time any money inside a tube with a big fan on the end of it?

I've started up the Women's ways out at Mile Hi for the season. Our first meeting of the season is Friday night at SkyVenture Colorado with a 7:30 meet time and flying at 8:30. Sunday we're meeting out at Mile Hi for jumps at 9:00 a.m.

I'm not on here much, so be sure to introduce yourself to either myself or Emily to get the scoop on meeting times for the group.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey