Mazz

SCENARIO: You are traped in a 3x3x3 Steel Box...

...You are completely naked. In the box is a 1inch thick 1x1 Steel plate, 2 batteries, a flashlight, a knife, a stick of dynamite, a lighter, and a letter.

The box is held together by a large padlock from the outside. There is a hole at eye level right next to the lock that is just large enough to fit your hand through.

The letter reads:
The key to the lock is in your stomach. You have been given a binder that will stop you from having a bowel movement for at least 7 days. You have been deprived of liquids for 2 days so your body will resist vomiting. If you get out alive, there is a brief case containing 10 million dollars on a table 100ft from your current location. It is yours. There is also a map with directions out of the building.

Good Luck.

How do you escape before dying of thirst?

First to get out, Creates a new scenario.
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

If I can stick my hand through the hole I can certainly get the stick of dynamite wedged in the lock so I'm going to blow up the lock.

I could get more elaborate with the flashlight, bulb and batteries to trigger it, but since I have a lighter I'm just going to light the fuse and let 'er rip.

The 1 inch steel plate will protect me just fine. I'm going to have some BAD hearing loss, but that lock is going to be gone.

Did you leave out some detail that makes this not possible?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

If I can stick my hand through the hole I can certainly get the stick of dynamite wedged in the lock so I'm going to blow up the lock.

I could get more elaborate with the flashlight, bulb and batteries to trigger it, but since I have a lighter I'm just going to light the fuse and let 'er rip.

The 1 inch steel plate will protect me just fine. I'm going to have some BAD hearing loss, but that lock is going to be gone.

Did you leave out some detail that makes this not possible?

You got the right idea, I doubt you could wedge a stick of dynamite in the lock. Dynamite is a little over 1inch in diameter.

Getting out can probably be accomplished many different ways, there is no one right way to do it.. There are definitely wrong ways to do it though B|
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

There is a hole at eye level right next to the lock that is just large enough to fit your hand through.

My hand is much larger in diameter than 1 inch.

You didn't give a very specific description of the padlock, so I'm assuming it's a standard Master Lock and there's nothing particularly tricky about it.

Now, if you got specific and said that the lock was constructed in a certain way, then I might have to rethink things, but if you're going to change details every time somebody engineers a viable solution for the parameters given, well, then I think you must work in management.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

elaborate on how you are going to wedge the dynamite in the lock. Im probably picturing it wrong:S

See this; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Master_Padlock.jpg

Note handy places for inserting a stick of dynamite.

Im not sure im convinced you could get a stick of dynamite wedged in there. Need a second opinion from another poster. If they say it would work, then you win and get to create a new, improved, harder, and more complicated scenario:ph34r:

Actually all he has to do is take the wire spring out from the flashlight bottom and stick it through the dynomite. run the spring through the lock to hold it in place. this can easily be done with one hansd I think!

All YOU have to do...

complete the escape and we might have a winner unless somebody beats ya to it.

what kind of flashlight are we talking about? how big is it in comparison with the dynamite? Whats it constructed of?

Are you in the dirt, or are you above ground? Is there dirt on top of you or on either side?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

You guys are thinking about this all wrong...c'mon guys. Light the stick of dynamite and shove it up your ass or down your throat. Therefore you will get the key out of your stomach to unlock the padlock!!!

:ph34r::ph34r:

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

This may sound completely disgusting BUT..... if you are still producing urine, one can drink it in an emergency to keep alive. Perhaps in doing that, one can keep hydrated enough to induce vomiting or stay alive long enough to pass the key.

Unwrap stick of dynamite, and take the nitroglycerin/other compound (such as sawdust, etc) compound which is like puddy, and pack around the lock. light fuse, hold steel plate over hole to protect. Done! Or you could always gut yourself.

Could work.

Your turn. New senario :)

Negative, Ghostrider: the pattern is poisonous.

There's a reason your body is trying to get rid of that stuff. Especially after (as in the scenario) two days of water deprivation, your urine would be crazy concentrated. You'd be making yourself sicker by ingesting all the urea and other nastiness your body is trying to dump off than you would ever improve yourself with the little bit of water into which all that crap is dissolved.

Elvisio "Survivorman was wrong" Rodriguez