mr_shaggles

pre-jumps feelings

Restless, Excited, Obsessed ... I called and scheduled it on a Monday morning and the jump was for Friday. Couldn't sleep all week, couldn't stop reading and watching videos about skydiving.

Hmmm ... What has changed? :D

Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Shit.. I've thought about this and I really can't remember!!

I had a slightly odd introduction into the sport.. I was sort-of seeing a guy that had been in the sport for like 10 years. I remember being really impressed by his passion for the sport & I think that was sort-of contagious.. Overall, though, I was usually pretty bored by all the videos he used to show me.. Maybe it was more his attitude than the sport that attracted me??

I seriously couldn't say if I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about, or if I had a personal desire to try something different, and I don't know if I was scared even!!

Man!! How could I not know this??! I do know that on my 14th jump was the first time I looked down and I thought "FUCK!! I could FALL OUT OF THIS AIRCRAFT!!!" And that scared me shitless - until I realised that was sort of the point and I just got over it & jumped!!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm about to jump on the w/e and am definitely leaning towards the scared side of emotions. Kind of like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYWucxevYQ&feature=channel_page

does he remind you of yourselves?

NOPE!
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Nah, hes way too fat to be like me.

On the serious note to the OP: Being scared is natural, just dont let it get the best of ya. Take a look around the aircraft and feed off the happiness and anticipation of others with the realisation that you're in the same boat. Its great fun.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

I'm about to jump on the w/e and am definitely leaning towards the scared side of emotions. Kind of like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYWucxevYQ&feature=channel_page

My buddies wife made him triple his life insurance policy prior to her agreeing to let him jump for a perfectly good airplane. Smart lady.

I was pretty nervous, my legs kept shaking, had knots in my stomach like I never experienced before, and I must have been as pail as a ghost cause my instructors kept telling me to just relax. :P
- Knic

Because its true and i still do it. :ph34r:

Ah ha ha!!! I *like* it!! Clean underwear is definitely the way to go!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I sometimes do it before sex too, sometimes being the keyword. Usually by that time if they are ready to sleep with me i dont really give a crap about the runway marks in my pants.

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.

[Url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYWucxevYQ&feature=channel_page[/url]

All the post replies and no one takes the time to clicky up!!:P
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Prior to my first jump, I didn't really know what to expect, I just knew it was something I wanted to do. I do however remember, as I was standing on the strut of a worn-out 182 with the jumpmaster holding my static line yelling 'Go!'... thinking to myself; "What the fuck am I doing hanging on the outside of this airplane at 3000' ????" :S. My Second jump however, scared the living shit out of me, because I had a much better idea of what to expect. I was very nervous, and for the first time in my life I manned up and faced my fear. I grew 3 whole sizes that day. B|

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

[Url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcYWucxevYQ&feature=channel_page[/url]

All the post replies and no one takes the time to clicky up!!:P

I was trying not to steal your thunder.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

Yep. I kept asking myself if I was insane or just stupid. After the third jump, BTW I was still on a static line jumping a T-10, it settled to just thinking I could really kill myself while on the ride up. It was jump #9 when I realized on the ride up that I wasn't thinking I could kill myself, but that I couldn't wait to get out & away from that dangerous airplane! By then I'd graduated to making 15 second delays, still with T-10's.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.