nerdgirl

Battlestar Galactica Finale

Anybody else watching the finale tonight?

I’m usually a season or so behind because I’ve been watching it on DVD (don’t have cable at home).
I’m not in a Holiday Inn but something similar.

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

Girl watching battlestar galactica...Does not compute.

Never really got into the series. Im more of a Stargate SG1 kinda guy ;-)
In the Navy, you can't put your hands in your pockets but I was always told not to put my hands in my pockets by people with their hands in their pockets. Kinda funny huh?

Girl watching battlestar galactica...Does not compute.

One could think about it strategically: the odds are in my favor. B|

Plus, it's a fabulously written and well-acted, complex show. (That's the more important part, imo.)

/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying

I just watched it, wanna know how it ends?

Thanks for the offer, but I'd prefer not.

One of the many things that I've liked about the series is that I can't figure out a priori all the plot turns. I like being surprised and not knowing the ending. :)
/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying

The ending was at the same time surprising but yet looking back all the clues were there. It was a good end to an EXCELLENT show. There are still some unanswered questions, but there always will be on a show as complex and deep as Battlestar was.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Its going to replay a few times over the next week or two. Its worth watching since there is so much that occurs in it that its going to be really hard to wrap it up in a paragraph or two.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

The entire second hour was just way too warm and fuzzy for me.

Me too. During the battle scene (not a spoiler, everyone knew it was coming) I was thinking "awright, it's gonna be a badass two hours! ...and then things just got stuck in the slow lane.

The ending was a good end for those who had emotional investment in the characters, but not so great for the type-A, "BLAST 'EM"-type sci-fi fans.

But, OTOH, they say this is a show that was trying to break boundaries, so maybe the touchy-feely is what made it so appealing to a large audience.

Elvisio "Dradis, dradis, dradis, I made you out of clay... wait, no, that's not right..." Rodriguez

The second hour could have done with out some of the flash back scenes and expanded on some of the hanging plot points to make it a lot better. Starbuck's story was a major let down after some of the details that went in to her back story. The Opera house? Seriously.. .that was what it was about? That one was one of the points I felt was way off target. The dying leader will know the truth to the Opera house.... and that is what it was? Head Six and Head Baltar... that is what their story is?

It was nice to see some of the classic Centruirns return.

Yeah it was nice to have the emotional story filled in and all the arc's mainly addressed but I could have done with out the bar scene and done with another 5 minutes of explaining how the Viper reappeared with Kara (I get how she did... but wtf about the Viper?) or at least another 5 minutes of battle scenes.

On a plus note they went all out on the effects and a weekly series has never looked so good on the screen as some of those shots of the fleet, the Raiders, the Vipers and the asteroids.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

The first hour was good, the second just okay. It was interesting to find out who God is. The Starbuck ending was just dumb.

Yeah - what the heck is Starbuck? what the heck is Gaius? Who the heck is God and why doesn't "it" like being called that?

And the end stretched on - much like LOTRs did. Too much. Agreed

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Potential spoiler in text below:

Thought the ending was well done overall. Could have been better. Could have been *a lot* worse. My biggest frustration was the parts that were over-played in the sense of really taking-our-hands-and-leading-us-down-the-message-path. A few folks have criticized it as anti-science … thought it was more cautionary than pro-Luddite. It was more in line with great science fiction (HG Wells, Ray Bradbury, PK Dick), imo.

The montage at the end with the Japanese robots was too obvious and too simplistic. Thought it would have been more politically provocative (& in line with much of the series), to highlight trends in armed unmanned vehicles, something I wrote about here last year and something that PW Singer wrote about in his latest book, Wired for War. That would have been more timely and more in line with BSG, imo.

I was hoping for a better explanation for Starbuck’s story arc too.

/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying

There is also "The Plan" that will be released this summer/Fall. Its currently in post production. It is a 2 hour tv movie telling the story of the invasion for the colonies from the Cylon point of view.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

There is also "The Plan" that will be released this summer/Fall. Its currently in post production. It is a 2 hour tv movie telling the story of the invasion for the colonies from the Cylon point of view.

Forgot that - thanks for the reminder.

/Marg

Tibetan Buddhist saying