Pitbull83

Jumpsuit market

I got the line on someone new emerging on the market. A guy out of Peurto Rico - under the name "Liquid Sky"

Give me a few days and I will get back with contact info. I have seen one of his suits first hand and the quality is amazing. Since he is new in the field he is also still affordable (its a simple matter the longer you have been around, the more business you gather, the more demand you have the more you cost).

Ill get back with contact info if your interested.

D'Bo

I got the line on someone new emerging on the market. A guy out of Peurto Rico - under the name "Liquid Sky"

Give me a few days and I will get back with contact info. I have seen one of his suits first hand and the quality is amazing. Since he is new in the field he is also still affordable (its a simple matter the longer you have been around, the more business you gather, the more demand you have the more you cost).

Ill get back with contact info if your interested.

D'Bo

Econ TAN:
Simple economics should dictate that an established player should be MORE affordable, as they have (withing their own business) economy of scale and thus lower average production costs.

In a large open market yes, increase demand generally dictates lower costs if production is scalable and competition exsists. But there is very limited scalability (most of the artistic work and production on these products are done by a typically one or two people) and little competition in the high fashion/top quality jumpsuit market, allowing product prices to go nearly unchecked...

How much is an Ourgan suit now? (Don’t get me wrong - I have an Ourgan suit, I love it, it has served me well. But I have almost 600 jumps on it now. But it’s unraveling and its time for a new suit. Yes I know I can get it fixed, but it was made 3 years ago and I have redistributed a little weight. I need a new suit, but honestly I can not afford Ourgan prices.)

When new businesses emerge they often take a hit on profit to gain business and exposure. Now I will be 100% honest. I am not advertising Liquid Sky purely out of good will. We are working out a sponsorship plan with my freefly team. So of course it is also in my best interest to promote this product.

But shortly I will post pictures of Lizzys jumpsuit (I dont have it in my hand at this very second), contact info, prices and everyone can make there own mind and spend there money as they choose.

D'Bo

I like Michigan Enterprises.

I have never had an issue and now own 4 of his fine suits (1 FF and 3 COMP RW)

I also have 3 for work so I have my choice of 7 and wouldn't have it any other way.

The team I am on has another suit brand and I still go after the personally owned one that looks close to the work suit to use.

(Oh I just got the new padded booty model [ not the blade booty] and am in love already with it. I may have to figure out what to do wit hthe other comp suits! I have a new favorite!)

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I ordered a jump suit with all the options back on 05/31/2005, and it finally shipped on 08/16/2005. However, it was a rush job and errors were made and missed during the QC before shipping. OK, fine, I returned it, and it was received there on 08/20/2005. Well, I'm still waiting for it, 09/21/2005, and the Northwest skydiving season is just about finished.

Thus, you might consider ordering two jump suits. The skydiving industry is very small, and if you ruin one of your suits, you could be in for a significant delay especially in the middle of summer. Fortunately, I own another suit, so I'm still in the air.

Aloha,
I'm new to the sport and looking to get a jumpsuit. I would appreciate some advice on what name brands to look for, and who makes quality jumpsuits that aren't outrageously over-priced.

Mahalo

I don't sell jumpsuits, BUT...

No suit has impressed me as much as Ouragan. While expensive, you get what you pay for.

Aloha,
I'm new to the sport and looking to get a jumpsuit. I would appreciate some advice on what name brands to look for, and who makes quality jumpsuits that aren't outrageously over-priced.

With a reasonably large local skydiving community you should be able to find some one local who sews well, knows how to make jumpsuits, knows how to measure people, will sell you a suit for a reasonable price, and can repair damage before the next weekend.

I paid $200-$250 each for my last three jumpsuits (with reinforced knees+butt, racing stripes, and a pocket), waited more than about 3 weeks, or had any QC/fit problems.

OTOH it really sucks when people spend more, wait months, and get a suit that doesn't fit.

Simple economics should dictate that an established player should be MORE affordable, as they have (withing their own business) economy of scale and thus lower average production costs.

Simple economics dictate that you sell products at a price where total profit (margin per unit * quantity) is maximized. Where resources (people, material, etc) limit quantity you increase the price until that's not a factor. Javelin, Mirage, Tony Suits, etc. all seem to be doing this. The cost of production is only indirectly connected to the sticker price. You change what you're doing when profit available in that market becomes less than your opportunity cost of not doing something else (like selling to the military market instead of sport skydivers).

Some riggers sew suits as a way to do more business and keep themselves occupied. They need to differentiate between the "big companies" and can do so based on price because they don't need to make enough to offset the time they aren't generating business, pay for ads in skydiving/parachutist or boogie give-aways, sponsor teams, share profits with company owners, etc.

Thus, you might consider ordering two jump suits. The skydiving industry is very small, and if you ruin one of your suits, you could be in for a significant delay especially in the middle of summer. Fortunately, I own another suit, so I'm still in the air.

It seems to take a few minutes to get a patch and less than a week to replace a blown-up arm.

It seems to take a few minutes to get a patch and less than a week to replace a blown-up arm.

The time of the year is critical for some shops. In the winter it's famine, and summer time is a feast!