LisaH

My cat is addicted to flowers and plants

She always eats them so I don't keep them inside anymore. When I receive flowers I have to lock them up in the bathroom. She's never gotten sick, she loves the aroma and taste I guess.

Now she paces in front of the door when she knows they are in there. I'll toss a petal to her and she scoops it up like a crack addict finding a crumb on the floor. :S

She eats plastic bags too.

Weird kitty. :D
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Mine are the same way- I've got 3 right now. Flowers are not safe in my house!

My calico also likes to lick plastic, and she'll lick my hands after I put on lotion.

ACK! My cats attack me when I get out of the shower. The soap, lotion, shampoo.

Freaks!

I've got 3 as well.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

I bought some really pretty chinese lilies a week ago. Put them in a vase on the dining room table.

Came home from work and Bug had knocked the vase over and ate all the lilies. But she left the stems.

Next time she's looking for flowers to eat, I'm sending her to your place! :D:D:D:D

'Shell

I bought some really pretty chinese lilies a week ago. Put them in a vase on the dining room table.

Came home from work and Bug had knocked the vase over and ate all the lilies. But she left the stems.

Next time she's looking for flowers to eat, I'm sending her to your place! :D:D:D:D

:D It's just the petals. I think the fragrance entices them.

That's why I have to keep them hidden. Crazy petal addicts.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Please be careful, my Mum's cat loved to eat flowers too. Unfortunately it ate some lilies (not sure which variety) and died in convolutions in front of her in the middle of the night.

She has as a new cat now that also loves to eat flowers - but lilies are banned!

some info here:
http://landscaping.about.com/od/poisonouslandscapeplants/Poisonous_Plants_for_Cats_Dogs_Humans.htm
Regards

Ashley

Invest in some ceiling-hooks and hanging-pots. All 3 of mine go cRaZy for plants.

I bought some seed for kitty-grass, which I grow & let them eat. The only way my girls aren't going to eat any given plant is if they can't reach it :D

She always eats them so I don't keep them inside anymore.
>>
Weird kitty. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I bought some seed for kitty-grass, which I grow & let them eat. The only way my girls aren't going to eat any given plant is if they can't reach it

Yep, my kitters loves grass and plants too... then he loves to puke it up... in parts of the house that soaks it up the best and the hardest to clean... [:/]:(:D Got the "kitty" grass and he wouldn't touch it... and yeah, it is odd that they lick random things.. i.e. stairway posts, magazines, wooden chairs, my glasses... [:/] Gotta love em though! :)
Take Care!

I don't have a license for this.