winston_06

Has anyone truly met their 'soul mate'....

Hey, back to the thread, I don't really know about soul mates, but I think I have a clue about long lasting love, if that's the same. Four kids, 25 years, through great times and hard times, the one person I want to be with above all others. I always dreamed of having someone like her, and I guess I got it.

Thats so cute, hey she is your lobster! (friends fans..) :)

I think the concept is for teenage girls and book writers. And fatalists and religious people.

A good relationship that lasts takes commitment and effort and people make things work because they choose to.

+1
I absolutely agree with this statement. I relationship takes work, and anyone who thinks it will be easy for the rest of their lives is an idiot.

Hey, back to the thread, I don't really know about soul mates, but I think I have a clue about long lasting love, if that's the same. Four kids, 25 years, through great times and hard times, the one person I want to be with above all others. I always dreamed of having someone like her, and I guess I got it.

OMG! That's so funny.... I love that line!! One of the few friends "lines" I remember clearly!

I wouldn't mind a "lobster" again one day...
Always be kinder than you feel.

A good relationship that lasts takes commitment and effort and people make things work because they choose to.

Any relationship takes work... even simply being friends with another requires some level of effort...

it may not be much but there has to be some give and take...
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

She cut me off while i was driving, I gave her the finger...so now what?

If your luck is like mine, she's either married or heavily involved already. [:/]
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

I think the concept is for teenage girls and book writers. And fatalists and religious people.

+1
I absolutely agree with this statement. I relationship takes work, and anyone who thinks it will be easy for the rest of their lives is an idiot.

+2
No one is perfect for anyone else, you have to take the good with the bad and be willing to meet in the middle.
- Knic

I do believe in soul mates. I think however many that are lucky enough to meet theirs don't always end up with them.

agreed.

Yes, i've met mine. We're best friends. but any more than that wasn't/isn't possible, and that's fine.
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Dude, don't worry, she's just playing hard to get. ;)

As for the whole soulmate question, the comedian Emo Phillips once said that the trick to being happy in a long term relationship is to find that one special woman who will destroy you slower than any other, so that by the time she's completely sucked your soul out, you're, like, 80 or 90 and life's pretty much over anyway. That's kinda how I look at it, too. :P

The best things in life are dangerous.

think the concept is for teenage girls and book writers. And fatalists and religious people.

Well I'm not a teenage girl or a book writer or a fatalist. However I guess I would be considered religious because I thank God that I have found my soulmate. As luck would have it you even know sexy Sylvia. :)
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Doooh! I looked up lobster in a British slang dictionary. It said "sun burnt person." I don't recall the Friends show reference to it. Hope it's not derogatory.:)

Here ya go!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lobster
Always be kinder than you feel.

I have. She was a money grubbing snobby bitch who loved confrontation. Learned alot of things. Apparently I hated myself.

I changed and then was able to marry the finest woman on this planet.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

that was so cute, no lobster is not sun burnt, although most british do go a little that way on 'vacation'. She is your lobster, your long term love and you will go with noone else! :)
I believe in soul mates, yes it could be your best friend or your lover or someone you can never have, but i think maybe we can all think of someone so special in our lives, we wonder what we would do without them... and visa versa... for what ever reason i think life throws this person into your life..our bond draws us together and thats that! Friends/Lovers for life! :)
Just my two pennies worth

I have, and i am marrying her in a few weeks!!

whatever disagreement we have had we have mangaed to overcome it diplomatically and nowdays we hardly have a disagreement as we understand each other more.

No relationship is perfect otherwise it would be boring, if you complement each other and want to spend the rest of your lives together then you are soul mates IMHO.

Things can and do change but why worry about what could happen?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

think the concept is for teenage girls and book writers. And fatalists and religious people.

Well I'm not a teenage girl or a book writer or a fatalist. However I guess I would be considered religious because I thank God that I have found my soulmate. As luck would have it you even know sexy Sylvia. :)

1 - maybe you do have a bit of book reading fatalistic church goin' girl in you......:ph34r:

2 - Sylvia is wonderful and you guys have become such a great match together - with terrific girls as a result - what a great role model I've always thought you were

but what's more romantic?

a - feeling like you're just fated to be together and it just worked out that way - soul mates

b - or waking up every morning and choosing 'again' to be with her like you did the first time - free will choice to care and work for it and be together

I'll go with b - if fact, I do go with b every day

(but, every person has their own read on it. So what works for them is fine - I just find the whole concept of 'soul mate' to be lazy and uninspired - your mileage may vary - in fact, some people probably consider a and b to be the same thing. I don't.)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants