winston_06

Has anyone truly met their 'soul mate'....

Personally, I think we "connect" at some amazingly different levels with people. I think love is a choice, not a destiny. It isn't written in the stars...but we do (hopefully) get lucky and meet someone that we connect with on a soul mate level and choose to love them.
YMMV;)

I do believe in soul mates. I think however many that are lucky enough to meet theirs don't always end up with them.

That's depressing to think about, because it's true.

Now I'm sad and have to go back to the Naughty Thoughts thread to cheer myself up.
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

Rare indeed, I've been searching for her for 26 years as of tomorrow, and still haven't found her. Soul mates are an overrated concept. I'm not saying they don't exist, but most people don't find their "soul mate" they just find a mate, and they get used to living with each other. Or they don't, and get divorced after having 3 kids and fuck them all up. I'm nearly convinced after all this time that I'm not going to find a soul mate, but maybe that's a sign she's going to drop into my lap when I least expect it. There's really no way of knowing, and it's too frustrating to even focus on.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Hey, back to the thread, I don't really know about soul mates, but I think I have a clue about long lasting love, if that's the same. Four kids, 25 years, through great times and hard times, the one person I want to be with above all others. I always dreamed of having someone like her, and I guess I got it. :$

Yes...a couple times, however either the timing or the situation was not right to create a romantic relationship. Personally I do not believe that there is just ONE set soul mate out there for each person.

I would go more into this, but fear that this thread would be thrown into the SC :P

F LORIDA!

I think the concept is for teenage girls and book writers. And fatalists and religious people.

A good relationship that lasts takes commitment and effort and people make things work because they choose to.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants