LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: March 21 & 22, 2009

0:4:1
I broke out my brand new camera jacket. First two jumps I took video of a 5way and a 4way... My video went poorly as learning how to fly with wings... which by the way kicked my ass. I had trouble going faster as well as being able to side slide and turn... I am not sure why I was having so much difficulty, but I was. I have about 70-80 camera jumps, but putting a jacket on me makes me feel like a student all over.
Then I did a 6 point 9way. I took way to long to get out of the plane with the new benches in the way, but I was able to make it down to the formation in good time.
Then finally I did another camera jump. It went much better and I was able to side slide/turn around the formation to have the sun behind my back. man its hard work! I was still a bit far from the formation and slow to react to 4-way's movement/slides...
I still have a lot of work to do, but I was happy to finally get the hang of it.
Beer is for the first time wearing a jacket and for the very humbling experience it brought.
Beth

12 Jumps at the boogie!

2 on Thurs. made the first load of the boogie, followed by my first balloon jump, with Gonzalesna, Danny Dan, and 2 others I forgot the names of..

6 on Friday, and 6 on Saturday. the fouth on Sat. was my 100th !
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

12 Jumps at the boogie!

2 on Thurs. made the first load of the boogie, followed by my first balloon jump, with Gonzalesna, Danny Dan, and 2 others I forgot the names of..

6 on Friday, and 6 on Saturday. the fouth on Sat. was my 100th !

Congratulations!!! Did you get pied??? I like doing that now!! ;) (Look at my avatar... :D )
Always be kinder than you feel.

:( : :( : :D

:| : :( : :D

Nothing here. Ceilings too low for AFF Category E on Saturday and winds too gusty on Sunday. It was so close on Saturday, though--we needed a minimum of 9K for AFF and we got 8500--so I had to land with the plane. In a way it's good because I've already paid for the jump and will hopefully get the full 13K when I do jump--also good to have the experience of landing with the plane.

Sunday was windy--I stayed until around noon when it was still forecast to be gusty in the afternoon--winds over 20kts. Hardly anyone was around the DZ--it just wasn't happening at the DZ this weekend.

I hope the front that passed through this weekend was the last gasp of winter.

Hope your dad is doing OK!
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

0:8::D
did my first Balloon jump on Sunday morning! B|

I'm jealous.:P Wish we could have been on the load with you.B|

I WAS on that load with her :P - she was so excited, it made me really happy too!!!! What a super fun weekend. I finally have some numbers!

:):8:0

2 AWESOME balloon jumps!!! I think I did 6 regular old belly jumps, 5 ways and smaller. Did a really fun hog flop with BillyVance and Thanatos340. :o

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

#2 - No turbines @ CK this weekend. Only the Cessnas. They're too cramped and slow for me. I miss the Skyvan (my favorite) and the Otter.

WOW :o only 30+ jumps and already a turbin snob! :ph34r:

It took me 250 ;)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

:)0... :D

2 way Balloon jump, 9 way magic carpet ride (that held- inverted!), 6 way, 8 way, 9 way, 4 10 ways, and a 12 way.

Oh shit! 1st magic carpet ride. Nooooo..... [Beer]
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

#2 - No turbines @ CK this weekend. Only the Cessnas. They're too cramped and slow for me. I miss the Skyvan (my favorite) and the Otter.

WOW :o only 30+ jumps and already a turbin snob! :ph34r:

It took me 250 ;)

g

I know, I know. I'm already getting my balls busted over that one... ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

[:/]:3:0

I am sure glad that I put off driving to CA Friday and jumped instead. Sunny, California????? Saturday and Sunday were rainy and windy and today, we there's sun and wind. I've got one more day here, so......... please sun without the wind. I won't even complain about having to do no wind landings;)
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I am sure glad that I put off driving to CA Friday and jumped instead. Sunny, California????? Saturday and Sunday were rainy and windy and today, we there's sun and wind. I've got one more day here, so......... please sun without the wind. I won't even complain about having to do no wind landings

I'm extending the weekend to include today and updating my numbers.
[:/]:7::D
It was a gorgeous day at Lodi today. I had a great time and 4 fun jumps. B|B|B|
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Congratulations!!! Did you get pied??? I like doing that now!! ;) (Look at my avatar... :D )

Yes they got me good!

And I saw your avitar, I was hoping you were doing more interesting stuff with that whip creme....
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453