psipike02

Jumpsuit help...

Ok, so i'm almost to my A-license and want to start thinking about a jumpsuit soon. Especially since I'll probably be out in Eloy for christmas and DEFINATELY want one by then.

So can anyone point me to somewhere to start looking, i'm not quite sure the way to go. I know what type of disciplines, i'm kind of interested in. That would be Relative Work and everyone at Tecumseh is gonna try to get me to Freefly once I get my A. So i know those require two different suits.

Anyways, where can I start looking and how much do they usually average in cost? Any AND all help is greatly appreciated guys...

Carl
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Jumpsuits are usually $250-$350 based on options. I've got a new Bev RW Suit (about 5 jumps) on the classifieds for $150, but I paid $300. There's a bit of quick depreciation since they're custom made, but if you can find one close to your size, it's a nice deal. Freefly suits are pretty uncommon on the classifieds, so I'm just forking out for a new one this week.

I've got a Bev suit with less than 30 jumps on it I'll sell for $100 + shipping cost to anyone it will fit. I'm 5' 9" and 150 lbs. Send me a PM if you're interested. It's Navy/Black with gold grips. Matching Infinity container with a PD-160R if you're really rolling in cash. (I'll take $2200 for the pair).

Yeah see this is the other problem, now I would probably buy that suit off of you, but i'm a big guy.

I'm 6'6 and 238 lbs with a size 16 shoe....yeahhh...

So just like everything else in my life *clothes, shoes, desks, seats* I guess i'll have it custom made....ah well...
Puttin' some stank on it.

----Hellfish #707----

Man with your weight and size you should be able to buy one suit... really!!!! just buy a freefly suit with two sets of small grippers on the leggs and two on the arms. Tonysuits makes good ones like that. Your fall rate issues are gonig to be the exact same whether you are freeflying or RW formations. but man just buy one suit with all the options of both.... trust me with your size you are goin gto be able to track like a SoB so dont worry about booties..

your wing span is going to help you with freeflying so you wont need some big baggy suit because of so much surface area and on your belly you hsouldnt have any problems slowing down without much drag once you learn the right techniques....

Get one suit for both.. this is coming from a big guy too.....

a good example of the type of jump suit I am talkin gof is what Melissa Nelson used to jump in.. I know she is a girl but dont let that affect the effectiveness.. If you look around in some last years Parachutist and look for some of her pictures you will see her black suit with a pink stripe down the sides with the grippers.. I have seen many multi talented jumpers use these types of suits effectively for the past few years......dont get two suits.......

I'm 6'6 and 238 lbs with a size 16 shoe

I'm betting my suit would be a bit tight on you. Is that what you're thinking? :D

Oh, and it's a Tony suit, not a Bev suit, if anyone else is interested. I'll sell it to Ralph soon and he'll get the deal if nobody else makes an offer.