simplyputsi

F you Chase Bank and F your credit card!!!

Beats me. I live in Ohio and am working in IN. It was on the news in IL so I assume they mean for eveyone.

I wasn't charged any of those fees and I have a Chase card a WaMu card and a Providian card, so I have 3 Chase cards. Granted 2 of those are paid in full and the other one gets paid off every few months or so.

who cares, don't borrow money and you don't have to worry about a credit score.

Insurance companies and landlords also check your FICO score to see what rates you get and whether they'll rent to you. I've had to turn down more than one prospective renter because of poor credit.

A good credit rating will save you money even if you don't need to borrow it.

i'm not going to keep an open credit card just to keep a good fico score. we're down to one credit card and it has a zero balance. if i had my way, it would be gone, but my wife isn't ready to get rid of the security blanket yet.

out of curiousity, what info do you get when ylou check someone's credit? for instance, can you tell if a person's score is what it is because they don't have any debt and have no need to borrow money, or do you just get a number? if someone has a good income (relative to the price of the place they are trying to rent) and no debt and no history of defaults, do you deny them based on their credit score?

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

yes, but what i see may be different from what someone else checking it sees, at least i think thats the way it is. i was just wondering if there were different types of credit checks depending on whether you're a mortgage company, insurance company, employer, or landlord.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Canceling your card can affect your credit rating.

who cares, don't borrow money and you don't have to worry about a credit score. credit card companies can stick it in their ass, credit reporting agencies can stick it in their ass. fuck a fico score. you are NOT your fico score.

+1 110% I dont do CC's. Funny thing is I had a Bank One checking account years ago and got tired of there shit and went to Chase. Then they merged and i left Chase and went to WAMU and they got bought out by Chase so i will have to switch again.:S I'm gonna goto a local bank or a credit union.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

i'm not going to keep an open credit card just to keep a good fico score.
out of curiousity, what info do you get when ylou check someone's credit?

I use a service that gives me a green light or red light for prospective tenants, and a reason for rejection. I could pay more to see the actual score, but I don't care/need to. If someone actually has no credit rating, as in no history, yes, they flunk and I reject them. In today's world it really, really helps to have a credit rating.

Credit is a tool, like anything else. Some put it to good use, some abuse it. I don't see it as an inherently bad thing.

Canceling your card can affect your credit rating.

Then they merged and i left Chase and went to WAMU and they got bought out by Chase so i will have to switch again.:S I'm gonna goto a local bank or a credit union.

Might want to consider Bank of America. Lots of branches, lots of ATM's, service seems to be pretty good. Nothing wrong with a local bank though.

I don't think closing accounts hurts your credit rating. If so, mine would be in the toilet.:P What hurts is not paying on time, too many requests to raise credit or get new credit, or having too much debt (50% or more) relative to your available credit.

What helps is having accounts with low balances, long histories, and prompt payments. Keeping one card forever, even if you practically never use it, will help you. And what could it hurt, if there's no annual fee? I have some cards I just keep locked up, never use them.

If you really want to stick it to chase bank, do what I used to do, and whenever you get junk mail from them take their pre-paid return envelop and tape it to a box just big enough for a brick to fit in, They have to pay for that based on the weight, so it will cost them about 8-9 dollars for a box with a brick in it. I used to just tape the envelop strait to the brick but my postman started whining about it so I started putting it in a box.
There are no pessimist in skydiving.

Might want to consider Bank of America.

On a cycling forum, in a discussion of a rash of CC card fraud when buying from bike shops in the UK, someone brought up the "ShopSafe" feature that BoA has with their card. I have a BoA card and didn't even know about it.

At any time I can create a temporary card with a dollar limit I specify and use it for an online purchase. Since I set the dollar limit just high enough to cover that one purchase, I don't care if someone gets the numbers, because there is nothing they can do with it.:P

Having had my AmEx card compromised a few weeks back, this was of great interest to me. I just used the feature for the first time a couple days ago.

(Online UK bike shops are very popular right now with Murkin cyclists because their prices are dirt cheap.)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You are correct on FICO scoring. I just dont give a shit about FICO anymore! FICO is an i love debt score. You have to be in debt to have a good score. I still have a good score from several years back (since i quit using debt) that is going down little by little. Its funny you can have enought money to pay cash for what you want but you cant finace it:S

off topic for a minute...

what if someone has a long solid gold rental history, but has a but has credit issues do to bankruptcy or medical bills? I don't blame you for wanting to protect yourself and your investments, but not all people who have a less than desirable credit history are bad people.

You are correct on FICO scoring. I just dont give a shit about FICO anymore! FICO is an i love debt score. You have to be in debt to have a good score. I still have a good score from several years back (since i quit using debt) that is going down little by little. Its funny you can have enought money to pay cash for what you want but you cant finace it:S

You don't need debt, you just need open accounts. The longer they are open, the better.

If you close all of your accounts as you pay them you are reducing the average age of your accounts.

Pay them off, don't use them but once a month and payoff in the same, and manage them to keep them open.

If you can pay cash for a house or big investment, more power to you, but I can't so managing my FICO score translates to real dollars since it determines your interest rates.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

If you really want to stick it to chase bank, do what I used to do, and whenever you get junk mail from them take their pre-paid return envelop and tape it to a box just big enough for a brick to fit in, They have to pay for that based on the weight, so it will cost them about 8-9 dollars for a box with a brick in it. I used to just tape the envelop strait to the brick but my postman started whining about it so I started putting it in a box.

So this is why Chase is charging their $10 fee... :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

what if someone has a long solid gold rental history, but has a but has credit issues do to bankruptcy or medical bills? I don't blame you for wanting to protect yourself and your investments, but not all people who have a less than desirable credit history are bad people.

No one said they were bad people, just poor credit risks. One doesn't have to have perfect credit to pass the screen. There can be some late payments, etc., but not too many. Yes, some people may be great renters, but have horrible credit. I just don't want to take that risk when so many other renters have a better record of paying their bills on time. To remove a non-paying renter in WA is a time consuming, nasty process.

I can remember renting for years with no credit rating, but as eviction laws got tougher for landlords, they started needing better screening to reduce their losses.

FICO is an i love debt score. You have to be in debt to have a good score.

i'm not in debt and i have a good score.

I also have a good score with no debt but it's cuase i used to have debt and it is slowely going down

You dont have to have a good FICO score to get a house finaced. They still manual underwriting, they look at you as a personand not as a number. Alot of the time you can get a better rate this way.

I just saw on the news (Don't know where, I'm in La Porte, IN so maybe Chicago?) that a New York Judge Ruled the $10 fee illegal and Chase has to refund that fee to everyone they charged.

The news channel was ABC 7

Edited to add this link.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jPgG5_IsvSPUN1nN2S2TUlLfpmAAD978FGAO0

bet we never see it!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]