SarahC07

How do you recognize love?

go out on other dates, or stay away from them for a couple days

if you find yourself thinking or trying to text/call/email them more than a few times... you're pretty well hooked... but the love is more a feeling you cant explain

kinda like explaining the rush skydiving gives you

how YOU doin?B|

ps... damn you look hot in that black dress!!!

no skydiving photos tho :(

pps... we are both from houston ;) and your birthday is a day before mine... its fate!;);)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

not lust, if you can spend time away from them, but just want to spend more time with them... its most likely not lust

its one of those hard things to figure out sometimes, the line is never well defined

i should have gone to sleep, its about 7 30 am here and i am so tired but i cant sleep!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

When that uncomfortable silence is no longer uncomfortable.
When just being together is enough.
When you can respect your parterns point of view
even though it clashes with your own.
And above all it's a warm deep down feeling that dose'nt go away.

Gone fishing

Can you love someone who doesn't love you back?

ive known lots of people who absolutely loved someone unconditionally, and that person didnt love them back

ive known lots of people who absolutely loved someone unconditionally, and that person didnt love them back

that has to be rough...

yeah, and it hurts one alot more than the other person

another sign of love: stalking people on social sites

:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sticking with the lust. It's working for me. ;)B|:D

25 years of marriage and I'm still in lust. That's what it's all about.

When you're no longer focused only on yourself. When you want to do for that other person, even if you get nothing in return. Your goal in life is to make that other person smile. You can't stand to be apart. The other person's happiness means more to you than your own. You can't imagine living life without them by your side.

That's love. :)
People fall out of love when they become selfish and loose the lust. :(

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves."
-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

As Theonlyski said yes you can, and it's a recipe for disaster,
you'll end up getting emotionally hurt an probably change into someone that your not.

Love is a very powerful state of being, and I for one still havent learnt how to control it.
Over the years it's made my life hell and it's made my life a most wonderful experience.

Gone fishing

It's gained over a period of time. I've dated multiple people and cared for all of them. I've only told 2 that I love them. Honestly, if either of the 2 them ever called me up, asking a favor or needing help, I'd do whatever I could to help. The others, well, depending on who it is, I may tell them to go fuck themselves.

It's like friends and relatives, where you don't have to be fucking them to love them. Love has no reference to physical activity. It's a state of mind in which you'd do anything for another person. I can tell you I'd die for any member of my family at any point in time. Be it quick and painless or long and painful, as long as it saved them from the same fate.

It doesn't necessarily need to involve death of course, that's just the extent that it will go, at least with me. My buddy called me up about a month ago asking me to go to his wedding. I didn't plan on going to the states over Christmas and New Year's, but I did. He's my best friend. I love him and was more than happy to spend over 10 hours on a flight next to the stinky kid to be his best man.:)
This is my definition of love.

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I would say that is the operational norm.

For a really good description of love you should read "Think on These Things" by J. Krishnamurti.

Short version - Love cannot want anything, but can only give. It is a cup which is full and spills over, not one needing to be filled.
"User assumes all risk"

Sure can and it hurts like hell, more than you can ever imagine if you've never experienced it.

Just about 10 minutes ago I ended something that probably should have been ended awhile ago... I love him with all my heart, with everything I had to give but I just can't do it anymore...

love sucks. [:/]

How do YOU recognize love? I don't want to hear about lust... I know what that is.

Let's talk about love.

The first time you are really pissed at them the love completely overlays the situation. You are still pissed, but you are constantly aware that the situation is ephemeral, but the relationship is not.

Some of you may have read these before, but they are so cute and worth the repost.

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, “What does love mean?” The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

“When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn’t bend over and paint her toenails anymore.

So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That’s love.”
Rebecca- age 8

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.

Billy - age 4

“Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
Karl - age 5

“Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.”
Chrissy - age 6

“Love is what makes you smile when you’re tired.”
Terri - age 4

“Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK.”
Danny - age 7

“Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of kissing, you still want to be together and you talk more. My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss”
Emily - age 8

“Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen.”
Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

“If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate,”
Nikka - age 6
“Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.”
Noelle - age 7

“Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.”
Tommy - age 6

“During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn’t scared anymore.”
Cindy - age 8

“My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don’t see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.”
Clare - age 6

“Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.”
Elaine-age 5

“Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Brad Pitt.”
Chris - age 7

“Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.”
Mary Ann - age 4

“I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.”
Lauren - age 4

“When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.” Karen - age 7

“You really shouldn’t say ‘I love you’ unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget.”
Jessica - age 8

:)
I think I've found a way for you and I to finally fly free.
When we get there, we're gonna fly so far away.
Making sure to laugh; while we experience anti-gravity.

Have you ever been with someone who made you want to be better person? You know that even if you can't be together or the relationship didn't work out, that your life is better because this person was a part of it. That's how I recognize love.

I think this is the closest to what I think. And that's all I have to stay about that. :)

Love is different for everyone so to ask how to recgonize it it isn't a simple or straight forward answer. When you love someone you just know. It could be little things about them that fills your heart, hearing their voice, seeing their smile, hearing their laugh, or even those little annoying things they do. They are in your thoughts when you wake up and until you go to bed.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

When you're no longer focused only on yourself. When you want to do for that other person, even if you get nothing in return. Your goal in life is to make that other person smile. You can't stand to be apart. The other person's happiness means more to you than your own. You can't imagine living life without them by your side.

That's love. :)

I agree with this statement whole heartedly!

Wondering if you're in Love? Ask yourself this simple question:
"Why do I Love (insert name here)?"

What did you come up with for an answer?
I honestly hope you couldn't come up with a reason. Love doesn't need a reason. It's something that can't be explained rationally.

If you can explain why you Love someone, it's not Love. It's Like.

Sure, there are many things to Love ABOUT someone, but to be IN Love with someone, well, you just know. :)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1