Tuna-Salad

Why are women attracted to assholes?

Several years ago, My sister had a friend named Christy C. (Last name held for Privacy in a public forum) who fit's the exact bill of this thread. My Sister and I as well as her friends and family tried like hell to set her up with "Nice Guys" who we knew and that we knew would treat her well. For reasons that we still, 16 years later don't understand, she is buried in Spring Hill Cemetary in Nashville. She was more attracted to the abusive assholes than the, I guess you would say the "Regular Assholes" If she went out with a guy who treated her good, she dumped him almost immediately.
The sad part is that she had just been signed to a Levi's Jeans commercial deal and was scheduled to start filming three weeks after she was killed. She had her modeling and acting career taking off and had a bright future.
I know this is not a unique story as there have been thousands of women to have found the same demise, This just happens to be one that I knew personally and it is a subject that should be taken very seriously.

Christy C. 1971-1993
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

look on urban dictionary for "nice guy"

My friend Jason was a "nice guy" and always got "well ur a nice guy, but..."

Do I know you?

One date I went one the day after I got a text that read, "You seem like a really nice guy, but I prefer to go out with the bad boy." I wanted to reply, "And that has worked so well for you in the past." However I held it in.

One of my favorited has been, "I want a guy like you, justy not you."

And then there is, "Don't worry when you get a little older all the women will want a guy like you."

I could go on, but what is the point really.

Well at least you didnt get the line " you are not the dating type, you are the marring type"
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

History has generally proven that women are drawn to men who treat them like shit..

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Simplest explanation:

Women are fucked up from the neck up!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I would also like to point out.. this thread or question does not involve or concern me directly...

A friend of mine was having woman problems and was dumped by his woman in favor of an asshole...

So I figured I would ask a question that, no doubt many guys have asked themselves at some point or another
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I would also like to point out.. this thread or question does not involve or concern me directly...

A friend of mine was having woman problems and was dumped by his woman in favor of an asshole...

So I figured I would ask a question that, no doubt many guys have asked themselves at some point or another

Riiiiiiiight :D:D:ph34r:
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Maybe it has something to do with the power of Uranus.

:)

YAY - crossover posting ROCKS

I'm sending you a flower

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

History has generally proven that women are drawn to men who treat them like shit..

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Maybe you should stop trying to steal your nice friends' girlfriends - :o

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

My younger sister is the same way... she LOVES to be treated like shit!

She has been on again off again with an abusive guy for over 5 years.... A guy whos made her cut ties with all her friends, wont let her work anywhere that other guys work,verbally abuses her every day, broken her arm, left MANY bruises on her body, broken her car window, keyed her entire car, sliced her tires, cut wires under her hood, thrown keys in her face, cheated on her and given her STD's etc.

He tells her he loves her and wants to marry her and have babies with her. They never use protection because he claims he's too big to wear condoms and they hurt him. She has been pregnant by him at least 5 times that I know of, and each time he tells her to get an abortion or he'll leave her, then when she gets it, he calls her a cold heartless bitch and a piece of shit for killing his baby!

My mom and i have been with her at the police station to file charges, gone with her to get a restraining order, and even bitched out the guy and his parents, but she keeps going back to him. Its a neverending circle, and its very, very frustrating, but we've tried to help her for over 5 years, all to no avail. It's out of our hands at this point.

I will never understand it, but at the end of the day, she's the only one who can choose not to be with him. I only hope that she figures it out before he does something WAY more drastic.

I've gone on many dates where men are too passive and its unappealing.

Most any guy is passive after you've kicked him in the nuts.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Most women are smarter than that, I think.

Guess again.

Most women think they can change the "bad boy". At least that's the only thing I can think of that makes any sort of sense why a woman would want to be treated like shit. :S

One of my best friends had this observation:

A guy marries a girl, hoping she won't change.
A girl marries a guy, hoping she can change him.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I am not sure why this happens either. I have found a few of them though....I tend to go for the 'Bad Boys'. So, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they turn into assholes :|

I have never gotten tangles up with the abuser type though....abuse is something that I will not stand for and it kills me to see ladies in that type of situation. >:(

F LORIDA!

I don't know. I'm attracted to intelligent men who don't treat me like crap. :P

That's just wrong.>:(

:P:D

That was a response to his question of: why are women attracted to assholes?

... and nothing else.

Sorry Sarah, I was joking. I thought I used enough emoticons. :S;):o:):P:)

In my opinion & my .02....

Women don’t go deliberately looking for a jerk. It’s the opposite [in most cases]. But women are completely controlled by this ancient mating instinct. Therefore, women have no other choice [to say that women have no other choice, is completely untrue and inaccurate....women will always have a choice] however, more often than not women will choose to go after any strong, dominant, untamable male. Or any male who can make her feel all those intense, uncontrollable feelings she lives for. Women don’t really want jerks. Women really do want a nice guy. But what women want and what women need are two different things. Their subconscious need is to feel and feel and feel, for which women will go uncontrollably after what they need, not what they want…!
"Love is doing small things with great love."

Lacrosse: Legally beating men with sticks since 1492

look on urban dictionary for "nice guy"

My friend Jason was a "nice guy" and always got "well ur a nice guy, but..."

Do I know you?

One date I went one the day after I got a text that read, "You seem like a really nice guy, but I prefer to go out with the bad boy." I wanted to reply, "And that has worked so well for you in the past." However I held it in.

One of my favorited has been, "I want a guy like you, justy not you."

And then there is, "Don't worry when you get a little older all the women will want a guy like you."

I could go on, but what is the point really.

Unfortunately there is a bit of truth to that... and not just applicable to women, eventually people come to their senses and can truly appreciate someone who treats them with respect and love.

Although there are the few that don't outgrow that - It's sad... :S And then there are the lucky ones who have their head on straight from the get go.

Relationships are funny :S:ph34r:

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

They aren't... I'm proof of this... I am certainly not an asshole... (ask anyone) and I have a wonderful fiancee' who would vouch to the fact that I am neither a pushover or an asshole.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

My younger sister is the same way... she LOVES to be treated like shit!

Sorry, but I beg to differ. She doesn't love being treated that way, that's the only type of relationship she knows because she has very poor self esteem, co-dependency issues, possibly depression. Your sister needs professional help, (I mean intervention) you and your mom and all the restraining orders in the world isn't going to be enough.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."