Tuna-Salad

Why are women attracted to assholes?

History has generally proven that women are drawn to men who treat them like shit..

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Hmmm... I'm not. Can you quote your source?? Just kidding.....

I'm thinking it's a self esteem issue??

I used to date a guy who I'd been *trying* to dump. He wouldn't go away!! The meaner I was to him the more he liked it. I never quite understood that... :S
Always be kinder than you feel.

Most women are smarter than that, I think. But they do enjoy a little "bad boy mystique" from time to time. If being confident and independent and not a doormat means being a jerk, I'm guilty.:P

OTOH, some women do seem to like a "fixer upper". Maybe they are afraid to leave a poor relationship for no relationship at all. Also, someone with self esteem issues can be manipulated into staying in a bad relationship. Fixing that kind of problem is beyond the scope of this forum.[:/]

I used to date a guy who I'd been *trying* to dump. He wouldn't go away!! The meaner I was to him the more he liked it. I never quite understood that... :S

He liked the challenge?:S:)
Heck, it's just 'cause you're damn sexy he was losing his free ride.;):)

Fixed it for ya. And thanks. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

The basis of my statement was made by uh...

Well someone I know, his chick left him for a guy who is a real asshole...

My own sister is also an example, she seems to always find abusive men who are just.. well.. assholes.
So it almost seems like women thrive on being treated like garbage...
But of course that is a generalization
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Are you talking dating or long term?

Personally when a guy is "too nice" it makes it too easy for me to get away with murder- thus making him a push over.

I've gone on many dates where men are too passive and its unappealing.

I don't like assholes either. A nice blend in the middle.
Best Girl Scout Ever.

History has generally proven that women are drawn to men who treat them like shit..

Can anyone explain this phenomenon?

Alternative question:
Why do "Nice Guys" feel slighted when women choose not to date them?

Women will date whom they choose to date for whatever reasons they want. Some of their dates may appear to be ass holes to you. The women would apparently disagree. Regardless, it seems like you're less interested in looking out for the women and more interested in whining because the women chose somebody over your Nice Guy "friend".

You don't have to.

Just send him to Daisy ;)
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Nope. The question is as old as dirt, and I don't think it has an answer. It's like asking the square root of a million. No one knows ;)

1000 - and I'm not even a math geek.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

look on urban dictionary for "nice guy"

My friend Jason was a "nice guy" and always got "well ur a nice guy, but..."

Do I know you?

One date I went one the day after I got a text that read, "You seem like a really nice guy, but I prefer to go out with the bad boy." I wanted to reply, "And that has worked so well for you in the past." However I held it in.

One of my favorited has been, "I want a guy like you, justy not you."

And then there is, "Don't worry when you get a little older all the women will want a guy like you."

I could go on, but what is the point really.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192