dorkboy

Am I Being A Dick?

*Diva steals the paintbrush* Now whatcha' gonna do?!:P

start eatin' chili or tell banesaura YOU'VE got latex.>:(
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Alright I just read the first page of people telling you that you're a dick.

I don't think so!

If you said, while still in the store, that you didn't want to see that movie, and she rented it anyway, then what you have is a brat of a girlfriend.

What if you had picked up 2 Fast 2 Furious, and she said (while still in the store) "theres no way I'm watching that", do you think you would have made it to the register with that movie?

The "compromise" should have happened while you were in the video store. Pick out a movie you both want to see.

So all that being said, you didn't find a movie you both wanted to watch, and she took home the movie she wanted, so yeah, you should have sucked it up and watched it.

This is my Beer run in the Bonfire forum, and omfg I see why I never read here.
Time to change your name to Dickboy ! ;)
Not because you didn't watch the movie with her, but because your decision resulted in your not getting laid....what a dick! :P AND not only that, now you are asking a bunch of skydivers (another group of mostly Dicks! );) to determine weather you are a Dick or not ! ....PROOVING you are a Dick !
So stop being a Dick and watch the movie with her, and maybe she will s**k your dick, even b4 the movie is over because it sucks Donkey Dick!B|
My ex gf didn't want me to take a skydiving trip to Puerto Rico, I dumped her ass to the curb,... what a Dick!
Happy Easter to all you Dicks !
Dickhead #1

(all in good hearted dickhead humour of course)

ORGASMO RODRIGUEZ
If your gunna be dumb
You better be tough

I don't think so!

If you said, while still in the store, that you didn't want to see that movie, and she rented it anyway, then what you have is a brat of a girlfriend.

What if you had picked up 2 Fast 2 Furious, and she said (while still in the store) "theres no way I'm watching that", do you think you would have made it to the register with that movie?

The "compromise" should have happened while you were in the video store. Pick out a movie you both want to see.

So all that being said, you didn't find a movie you both wanted to watch, and she took home the movie she wanted, so yeah, you should have sucked it up and watched it.

Agreed.

I didn't even read it, but yes.. you are a world class dick...

Nah.. I read it...just don't be shocked if she wakes you up in the middle of the night 20 years from now and says "Hey, do you remember when.." then starts bitching...

Women don't forget stuff.... I tried to get mine to smoke a lot of pot to maybe affect her memory, but it didn't work.
Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

I don't think so!

Agreed.

He's still getting none.

I didn't vote because it looks like you are both too immature to have a serious relationship. You are incapable of solving the most trivial conflicts.

My advice: Say buh-bye and do some growing up.[:/]

Holy shit! Sorry Hungarian, but that is some of the funniest over the top internet armchair relationship advice that I've ever read.

Ok. My shot at it: Look buddy, you gotta know how to approach the issue. It doesn't look like that bad of a movie but you need to be able to vocalize what you're thinking. If you'd just said, "It looks good but I'm just not up for a heavy movie about pedophelia and social issues." She would have shelved it and moved on. Instead you made it about what you want to control. If she'd pulled out "The Notebook" then your reaction was warranted. It's an obvious chick flick and she knew what she was doing.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Ok. My shot at it: Look buddy, you gotta know how to approach the issue. It doesn't look like that bad of a movie but you need to be able to vocalize what you're thinking. If you'd just said, "It looks good but I'm just not up for a heavy movie about pedophelia and social issues." She would have shelved it and moved on. Instead you made it about what you want to control

Over the top? Whatever. Unfortunately this just a sign of how they handle conflicts in general. He told her that there is no f***g way they were going to watch said movie which resulted in her slamming the door and locking it.
In my opinion that equals to a pair of kindergardeners squabling over who's turn it is on the swing.

"I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."

Well, I would have been content watching the movie alone (assuming it didn't suck and that I actually WANTED to watch it). However, if watching a movie was to be your "together" time and the two of you didn't compromise on a movie... then you're both a little at fault.... perhaps her so a bit more than you.

I also think the way in which you two communicated with each other probably has a lot to do with her reaction... if you were being harsh/stubborn/mean... then she reacted "appropriately". If you politely told her you weren't willing to watch the movie but that she was more than willing to rent/watch it without you, then she's being a little bit of a PITA for storming off.

People... please. A little seriousness to match the
magnitude of this personal crisis. The man comes
here for valuable advice and receives none.

He is at the pivotal point of his longterm relationship.
He has learned that she holds the power to make him
suffer any time that he fails to do her bidding.

A moment of silence please. Let us pause to note the
final gasp of nad-life.

I suggest a nice ring worth two months salary (the gross salary, you cheap-bastards-who-dont-really-care-and-just-want-to-hurt-her)
:)

Half your thread is hijacked crap and the world goes on like it never happened.... I love it!:D

I voted dick, because you didn't follow the basic rules of manhood... perform the necessary actions to keep the woman happy, hence leaving you happy by the end of the night... but I agree.... Fuck Meryl Streep. :|

Who's Meryl Streep again? :D

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

You people are dicks.

Fuck Meryl Streep!

Make a compromise. Tell her you'll watch Meryl Streep if she'll watch Zombie Strippers next weekend on Spike with you. It's Jenna Jameson's new movie. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban