jcd11235

What could he have been thinking?

I was playing a ten person, single table No Limit Hold'em (real money) tournament on PokerStars. Blinds were $10/$20, and I was immediately to the left of the big blind.

I was dealt:

A 9.

It was a marginal starting hand, but since the blinds were still cheap, I called the big blind. The next five players folded; the next player called; the dealer folded; the small blind called; big blind checked. The pot was $80.

The flop was dealt:

7 5 5.

I was a little bit worried about someone having another 5 as one of their hole cards. If anyone did have it, they weren't advertising the fact. Everybody checked. The turn came, and the board became:

7 5 5 5.

At that point, I still wasn't convinced that no one was slow playing a 5. I wasn't feeling very confident about my A 9. Once again, everyone checked. Another free card, the river made the board:

7 5 5 5 5.

I no longer needed to be worried about anyone having a 5 in their hand. My ace gave me the nut hand, since at that point we were essentially betting on having the high card. Small blind and big blind both checked. In hindsight, it was not the best play, but just for shits and grins, I pushed all in. Everyone else folded, except for the small blind, who went all in, calling my bet. I figured he had an ace, too, or at least a king. Then he showed his cards:

6 4

:o:o:o

Why would anyone make such a foolish play? He had to know that I eliminated his opportunity to bluff when I pushed all in. WTF?
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Haha I to play on pokerstars and there are some real jackasses out there... I think some people really don't know what shit means, they just have way to much money and no life
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

I thought about the counting part but then if the guy knows anything about poker, since when does a straight beat 4 of a kind anyway? lol
I to have clicked the wrong button and that is probably the most likely considering he had no interest in that pot and was probably clicking somethin else when it popped up. Or he could just be a jackass :ph34r:

"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

What was the buy-in?? Anything less than $50 buyin on Pokerstars and you may as well be playing slots.

I'm not sure that I'd go quite that far, but I definitely agree that more people use sound strategy at the higher buy in games. This one was just a cheap $1.15 double or nothing S & G that I entered to just kill some time.

He hit the wrong Button. (I have done that on several occasions.B|[:/])

:D

It only took me two times before I learned to make sure my mouse pointer is nowhere near the buttons until I'm ready to click one. Tap to click trackpads can be dangerous!
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Why would anyone make such a foolish play? He had to know that I eliminated his opportunity to bluff when I pushed all in.

There's always one at every table.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

What was the buy-in?? Anything less than $50 buyin on Pokerstars and you may as well be playing slots.

I'm not sure that I'd go quite that far, but I definitely agree that more people use sound strategy at the higher buy in games. This one was just a cheap $1.15 double or nothing S & G that I entered to just kill some time.

He hit the wrong Button. (I have done that on several occasions.B|[:/])

:D

It only took me two times before I learned to make sure my mouse pointer is nowhere near the buttons until I'm ready to click one. Tap to click trackpads can be dangerous!

agreed. Ouch!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---