LuckyMcSwervy

Weekend Numbers: April 11 & 12, 2009

0:4:0

1 RW, 2 high alti h-n-p's to work on canopy control, 1 4 way FF.
Weather permitting will jump new canopy next week so I guess I'll owe some beer. Or since I will be the only one to have jumped the canopy will I owe beer? Hmm, conundrum.

Oh, and we did tie a record in Kansas. We had nice jump weather one day in a row.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

A nice 2-way from 10 out of a 182. Nothing fancy, just turned a couple lazy points and knocked the rust off.

My home DZ is still under water from the spring thaw, but the next closest has cool folks. I did safety day there this year.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

0:8:0

Only had one jumpable day due to the weather...

4 great tandems
1 fun AFF
1 coach jump
1 nice tandem video
1 4way FF to finish off the day

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

0:4:0

1 Aborted Vladiball attempt, pin didn't come out of ball at 7K.

1 H&P from the top to do canopy stalls and collapses

2 4-ways

Or since I will be the only one to have jumped the canopy will I owe beer?

You will owe. The cooler was super light this Sat so in the words of Mark F, "Pay your beer you f*cks!!!"
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

0:6:3
Helped out with 2 skydivers getting their tandem rating, so I did 4 tandems and pulled for the first time... it was harder than I thought. Lost my contact for the first time in free fall on the third tandem jump, and held my goggles as it was my last left contact... I was able to revive it and place it back into my eye and continue jumping.
Made 2 more jumps video for a 4 way, did pretty well.
Also heard about a death of a friend... first death in this sport...
I owe a lot of beer.
Blue skies Harry. I miss your bear hugs.

:| : 1 : :|

Only one jump on Saturday. Jumped from 13K but did a practice touch just after exit preparing for my hop'n'pops from 5500 and 3500 a few jumps from now. Money concerns grounded me for the rest of the weekend and will next weekend as well. I did spend some time talking to one of the coaches and think I have a fairly clear plan for finishing my 'A'. I expect to be back in two weeks and make a whole bunch of jumps.
"It's hard to have fun at 4-way unless your whole team gets down to the ground safely to do it again!"--Northern California Skydiving League re USPA Safety Day, March 8, 2014

B|:2:0

A couple tandems Saturday, got weathered yesterday and worked on school stuff in the new hangar and some minor RV improvements. Being in the RV is kinda cool when the weather is nasty, as you can hear the intimate details of the wind & rain. So, instead of coming home yesterday, we decided to spend another night. Muttley made some awesome stew, we relaxed and enjoyed the coziness, and then got up at 4:30 this morning so I could make it home in time for work. B|

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)