normiss

CSI!

We watched the opening scene of the show last night, I was really impressed by the dive plan, it's one of my favorites! Round, back flip, round, 360, round. :)

I was not so happy about the video footage of a streamer, with the guy crashing through a building, all the way to impact. B|>:( I think I will have nightmares.

I'm curious as to where they did the filming too. I did not watch the rest of the show, as that religious monk thing was a little too out there for me. :S

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I'm just wondering what you have to do to experience "air blowing up your leg holes"???:D:D:D

hehe that was a funny line. all i could do was shake my head. I was wondering why they didn't show that?! Flapping meat curtains at 120mph!

The CSI dude had most of the terminology down and used it relatively well. It is TV!! Hell they did a better job in the lab explaining how it works then some real skydivers do on a day to day basis. :)
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

A coworker just asked me about this. After pausing to groan, I did a quick search.

The episode is called "The Decent of Man" (spelling is theirs, not mine) and is viewable online here:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/video/video.php?cid=446409122&category=episodes&play=true

I've never watched CSI. After watching the first 5 minutes of this, I have a feeling I never will again.

I will have to make some time later today to watch the whole episode though. If only to see how bad it gets.

Whuffo writers - do some damn research!!!!

We could have some fun... which dz.commer could that girl in the beginning be - you know it's like blowing wind through my leg holes.... wtf does that mean?!

Some styles of RW suits have mesh openings in the legs. That's the best I can think of.

I think they got more right than people usually do. Who put the rig together with the spare malfunctioning main?
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I'm just wondering what you have to do to experience "air blowing up your leg holes"???:D:D:D

hehe that was a funny line. all i could do was shake my head. I was wondering why they didn't show that?! Flapping meat curtains at 120mph!

I would have only expected that statement from J!!:P

We watched the opening scene of the show last night, I was really impressed by the dive plan, it's one of my favorites! Round, back flip, round, 360, round. :)

I was not so happy about the video footage of a streamer, with the guy crashing through a building, all the way to impact. B|>:( I think I will have nightmares.

I'm curious as to where they did the filming too. I did not watch the rest of the show, as that religious monk thing was a little too out there for me. :S

Its all Turtles fault...

OH and the lake in the background could be instructive...

A coworker just asked me about this. After pausing to groan, I did a quick search.

The episode is called "The Decent of Man" (spelling is theirs, not mine) and is viewable online here:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/video/video.php?cid=446409122&category=episodes&play=true

I've never watched CSI. After watching the first 5 minutes of this, I have a feeling I never will again.

I will have to make some time later today to watch the whole episode though. If only to see how bad it gets.

I thought it was excellently done, don't expect better on a TV drama if you know anything about a subject. I really wonder what it would take for some skydivers to be satisfied with a skydiving scene, after this I think some folks are just conditioned to dislike any attempt at dramatization.

Some of the dialogue and acting was hokey at the start but the skydive was great, the helmet-cam and the mal was as authentic as you could hope for, the technical discussion of the rig was pretty good. They obviously had some competent advisers.

Job well done!