kbordson

How do you know if you're a geek?

I don't really have a definition, but I recognize one when I meet one. Try someone who at nine or ten years old, alphabetizes the books on her bookshelves. Yeah,:$ I did. I also like doing math problems for fun. (my students seem to think I have a strange idea of fun.)

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

this is how

10.84813% - Geekish Tendencies:$

ETA: Geek:person who's into fantasy or something like that.
Nerd: Person who knows a lot about a given (scientific) subject.

Squint: er.. I rad this Star Wars novel once.. they referred to a Tie Interceptor as a Squint.:P
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

36.88363% - Major Geek

I guess that makes sense. Although I have become more normal over the years. At least thats what I tell myself, but my wife would probably disagree. She's an engineer, so I'm not sure if her opinion on geek or normal counts.:D

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

8.87574% - Poser

. . . but I have the sneaking suspicion that I should've answered the "geek parties" questions differently. Besides that, the guy I'm marrying is probably off the charts, which I think should be an automatic assessment of another 2-3% geekiness. At the very least, I should be into Geek Tendencies.
TPM Sister #102

I don't really have a definition, but I recognize one when I meet one. Try someone who at nine or ten years old, alphabetizes the books on her bookshelves. Yeah,:$ I did. I also like doing math problems for fun. (my students seem to think I have a strange idea of fun.)

Ya got nothing on me. I have 1100+ albums, in alpha order, serial numbered, with every cut classified by listening type, with all of that and year of release on a label on the bottom left corner of the outer sleeve. And if somebody puts one back in the wrong place, they will never be allowed to touch the stacks again.

I'm not so much a geek as just a borderline OC guy who knows his way around technology a touch better than the average person.

I think a person is a geek only if they are well educated in technology and not much else. Having technology as an area of expertise does not make a person a geek if they are well rounded.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Geek - Sci/Fi Fantasy Junkies with very little in the way of Social Skills.

Nerd - Math, Science, Techie Junkies with very little Social Skills.

Squint - I never this one before.

My Own "You might be a Geek if"
1. You are firmly convinced that Heinlein`s ideas could fix most of the world problems.

2. You enjoy Sci-fi Conventions.

3. You can’t decide if you would rather sleep with Starbuck or #6.

4. You know what TANSTAAFL means.

5. You think Kahn was Ricardo Montibans crowning achievement.

6 You know the difference between NCC-1701-A, NCC-1701-B, NCC-1701-C, NCC-1701-D and NCC-1701-E and which show/movies each were in.

7. You know what trouble tribbles can be.

8. You strongly believe that what ever network executive that decided to Cancel Firefly should be executed for crimes against humanity.

9. You know all the really good Klingon cuss words.

10. You can recite Space Balls line for line.

:P I will try to come up a "You might be a Nerd if" later.
I think I am about 60% Geek and 40% Nerd.:D

When a 15 year old who is not your own child is embarrassed to be seen around you....

Fixed it.
(mother of a former 15-year-old)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When a 15 year old who is not your own child is embarrassed to be seen around you....

Fixed it.
(mother of a former 15-year-old)

Wendy W.

LOL He gave me a "talking to" about facebook the other day... do's and don'ts :ph34r:

Kid cracks me up!!

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?