LisaH

Putting old floppy discs onto CDs

Where does one go to have this done?

Edit: My new computer doesn't have a floppy drive and the old computer isn't reading them.

My 5 year old computer has a floppy disc drive. It's never been used either. :D

If nobody near you can help, mail me the discs... :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The '90's called; They want their media back.:P

Seriously, anyone with a floppy drive and a CD burner can copy the files to a CD.

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

These are pictures of family from when my mom was a child emailed to me years ago before I had a CD drive. I saved them to floppy. My current computer isn't reading them and the new one doesn't have a floppy drive.

I'll ask my neighbors if any of them still have the floppy drive.

Just thought Kinkos or some place like that could do it.

Thanks all for the suggestions of buying something, but I can't afford it. :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

ahem.... Lisa bring them over next weekend! Assume some of these are also ones you want on the video for your Mom???

xoxo
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Look in the yellow pages under computer repair for ads perhaps offering data recovery. Give them a call and see if they can help you and how much.

BTW you need to specify floppy.;) Rember floppies used to be 5 1/4 truely 'floppy' media in a paper case! Hmm actually used to be 8". I can still do 3 1/2 and zip but nothing earlier.

Also, even if your computer can read them maybe it can copy them to a flash drive? Assuming a usb port. Then transfer to new computer to burn them?

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

ahem.... Lisa bring them over next weekend! Assume some of these are also ones you want on the video for your Mom???

xoxo
g

Awww, you guys are awesome! Thanks! :)That way I can go through the unlabled ones and see what's on them. Provided we have time due to festivities. ;)

The vid for mom are pics that need to be scanned.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo