banesanura

your SO wants borrow your rig.

To the tune of London Bridge is Falling Down

Burning in on borrowed gear
borrowed gear
borrowed gear

Edited to add :

I guess as long as they can pay to have it fixed if it gets fucked up, or will be able to pay for a reserve repack if they have a malfunction.

Of course the most important thing is that they should be able to be to know the proper closing sequence, and otherwise familliar with it.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I once HAD to jump my SOs' rig, to prove a point. My SO "wife" was having problems landing her spectre 135...said, "somethings wrong, i cant get a good flair." I showed her the video of her landings...she was flaring more powerful on one side. But, she still insisted, "Nope, somethings wrong." As I landed, (jumping her rig) next to her, in my bare feet, I quietly said..."nothing wrong with this rig."

"You ass!!" was all I heard. But, now she lands it great. :P

SO ? Signifigant Otter ?

Why would an airplane need a rig ? :S

It could be this kind of SO.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I think if my SO could fit into my rig I probably wouldn't be with him. :D:D:D:D A guy that could fit into my rig with no problems is going to be WAY too small.

:)
And I jump a pullout. Nobody ever wants to jump my rig.:D But Valinda could borrow it anytime she wanted. After all, she's the SO. The rig is not my SO.;)

A lot of really valid concerns have been expressed on this thread.

Now suppose the S.O. who wanted to borrow your rig was not a licensed skydiver but still on student status, and you weren't going to be there, or even able to be contacted, while the rig was being borrowed.

How would this affect your decision?
"User assumes all risk"

It used to be about the most common phrase in the Parchutist Incidents section back in the day:

"Deceased was using borrowed gear"

[:/]

30 years ago was a period of gear transition. A lot of different rigs with handles in all kinds of places, all kinds of deployment and cutaway systems. Today rigs are pretty standardized in their handle placement and usage. Not as big of a deal anymore.:)
I'm not downplaying the risk, just saying it's much more manageable. There's a lot a phrases you don't see much anymore.

One thing you used to never see: "Deceased's parachute appeared fully opened and functioning, but died because of a turn made close to the ground."[:/]

Ok, so dumbass question number 199.....Are you both online, on different pc's, at the same time?:S Dude...she's too hot for that:P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Now suppose the S.O. who wanted to borrow your rig was not a licensed skydiver but still on student status, and you weren't going to be there, or even able to be contacted, while the rig was being borrowed.

If it was safe for her to use, I'd let her use it, whether I was there or not. If it was not safe to use, I would not let her use it, whether I was there or not. It's not like you'd be next to them in freefall when the trouble started. At that point, everyone is on their own.

If I had an SO who was on student status she would not be able to jump my rig. I don't have an AAD
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Hopefully my next gf won't that big enough to fit into my gear BUT... if we were the same size and there were no safety issues I would absolutely let here use my gear....Problem is I would want to jump it too, but I would take turns if we had too.

Until recently I had a 2nd rig and I let lots of people use it. As long as I know they are capable of handling it, its all good.

EDIT: FOR SPELLING
My photos

My Videos

Vigils can be set to Student mode. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

If my wife wanted to borrow my rig, I think I would blow my wad right then and there! She is so supportive of my jumping, but has no desire to do it herself. If she jumped, I know it's sappy, but I probably wouldn't do much but two ways!:P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

If my wife wanted to borrow my rig, I think I would blow my wad right then and there! She is so supportive of my jumping, but has no desire to do it herself. If she jumped, I know it's sappy, but I probably wouldn't do much but two ways!:P

Awe! You are so cute! Does your wife know that you want to do two ways with her? Send her to me, I'll talk to her. ;) When I first met John, (he was my skydiving instructor) and he did two ways with me for a long, long, long time. I was a slow learner though. He kind of had to. Poor guy. People were starting to wonder if he'd ever let me jump with anyone else! :D
And, no we aren't across the room typing to each other. He's at work. I miss him! And no he didn't marry out of his league. He is my better half. B| I'm the lucky one! Don't let him kid ya.

Took me a while to think about it, but does Richardson ring a bell
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I have no problem with it. My boyfriend uses my rig as his wingsuit rig when I'm not jumping it and it never bothers me. We're very easygoing though and have that kind of relationship. I think I get the better end of the deal though cause he lets me drive his convertibleB|

Fly like a girl