FrenchyDiver

Question for Nitron/Nitro owners and riggers

Out of the 5 jumps I made yesterday, the first and last resulted in a very long opening. Main canopy Nitron 150, container Mirage G3 M4 (res: PD160R, Cypres 1), weight ~180 lbs fully equiped. All 5 jumps were RW, fall rate about 120 mph.
In all the jumps I threw the PC around 3,500 ft, which usually enables me to open and have my canopy checks done somewhere around 2,800 ft.

So, in these two jumps, the same thing happened. Threw the PC around 3,500 ft, then felt the risers going up, then nothing. I looked up while grabbing the risers and saw the main out of the D-bag but it did not inflate. Gave a few strong shakes to the risers then it does inflate, followed by a few line twists. All back to normal and flying well just above 2,000 ft (which is my hard deck). In the 50 (or about) jumps I've put in this canopy since I bought it (new), that's the first time that this happened. Always packed in the same way, by myself. What, in your opinion can cause that? I tend to believe it may be the cone being wrapped too tight.
Thanks for your input.

JM

Hispas Brothers President
HISPA #2,