prepheckt

Fuck the wings!

WINTER HAVEN, FL -- Two men in a home-built airplane survived a brush with death Sunday when they landed their plane on Havendale Boulevard.

22-year-old pilot Kyle Davis and passenger Joe Surowiec were flying the plane for a friend to the Lakeland Sun n' Fun Fly-In from Winter Haven when the engine failed.

The event was captured by two cameras, one in the cockpit and the other facing the engine.

When the engine failed, Davis quickly begins looking for a place to land. The two men look at a number of fields, but determine that they are unable to land in those locations.

Instead, the men decide to land in the road, where cars and businesses can be seen passing by.

Deputies were called to the scene, but had little to do since no there was no damage or injuries involved.

Both Davis and Surowiec declined on-scene medical attention.

See video here

Focus: Discuss the awesomeness of the video. I particularly like the use of Danger Zone and Yakety Sax. Pure comedic gold.

Secondary Focus: Let's hear some near close call stories in any vehicle (plane, car, or boat)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

Are you asking this group to focus on a certain topic??? Are you serious??? They can't even keep a sex thread on topic. :D:D:D:D:D

Oh my god, best (and truest) comment EVER!

You win a gold star.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

WINTER HAVEN, FL -- Two men in a home-built airplane survived a brush with death Sunday when they landed their plane on Havendale Boulevard.............................................................

Secondary Focus: Let's hear some near close call stories in any vehicle (plane, car, or boat)

Here's me and my boat in 1979. Also, this picture was taken about 2 or 3 miles from where that plane landed.

Looks like these two stupid fuckers were flying about 1000ft when the engine quit. Then after it quit twice,there was indecision as to whether to land or not. Lucky to be alive,not sure we are better off.

I bet they were out of gas.

Fixed for brevity. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Looks like these two dumb asses were flying about 1000ft when the engine quit. Then after it quit twice,there was indecision as to whether to land or not. Lucky to be alive,not sure we are better off.

I bet they were out of gas.

maybe they did run out of gas maybe they didnt. Maybe it was another fuel related problem. I didnt see indecision whether to land I saw them going toward safest looking place to land. I dont think it was ever a decision to land, they pretty much didnt have a choice. And they didnt have much time to think. Looks like they did perfectly fine. I'm glad they didnt die. Even though it wouldnt effect me one way or the other. I'm sure their families woudnt have been better off. Except financially maybe;)

Also when using the word dumbass you should try to spell it correctly. Otherwise you lose credibility;)

Dumbass or dumb ass (asses plural) are both correct. Sorry, Charlie.

It sounded like fuel exhaustion to me too. I've been in half a dozen planes when the engine quit running. 2/3rds of the time it was this reason. Whatever. We'll let the NTSB pop the caps and stick the tanks. Maybe the general public will find out in a year.

They did a good job pushing the nose over and flying it all the way to the ground. It didn't look like they had too many options from where they were. I was a passenger in a 182 that seized the engine on takeoff at 500 AGL. It definitely got our attention and I was lucky to be riding with a good pilot. B|

is it just me, or does it seem that the VAST majority of all these types of stories come out of florida?

90% of every strange, weird, or unusual story comes from either Germany or Florida ;)
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

No need to scream for mom cspence. I will pass the message on to her. Afterall shes lying right next to me as I type this.

HAHA

ROCK ON cspence

Fat jokes,an attempt at spelling correction and now mom jokes. You're one hell of an internet cripple. Very sad.