Nataly

I'm SOOOO EXCITED!!! It's just like Christmas :)

I *just* got my IKEA furniture delivery :)
If there's one thing I like almost as much as destroying stuff, it's gotta be putting shit together. My GOD the fun!!!

I can't WAIT to taste the absolute pure delight of putting an enormous 3-D puzzle together that you instantly get to play with - YIPPEE!!! Ohhh.. The deliciously cheap fake wood-effect that smells of chemical plastic when you invariably can't resist using a power drill to put in the 3 screws that holds the monstrosity together.. Only to realise that corrugated cardboard can't cope with power-tools, and then you have to manually get your manly tools out to get the job done..

Honestly.. I can't think of anything more exciting :)
I couldn't sleep a wink last night, and now it's HERE!!! YIPPEE!!! :)
(And no - I am most certainly NOT kidding!) :P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

My entire condo is furnished with IKEA.
And if you look around they actually do sell a lot of real wood furniture. But I mostly bought the stuff for their looks. I love the lean refreshing lines. Here in America furniture like 51% of the population lacks any.....figure what so ever and for the most part it's either a mishmash of unconnected cultures or just ugly! So for me IKEA was the only way to go on my piss poor government income. And to be honest....the stuff lasts!
I've had my bed for about 7 years now and I'm sure it's as strong as a Volvo!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I could think of at LEAST one thing . . . be heartened, though, it does illicit the very same reactions!:D:):)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I could think of at LEAST one thing . . . be heartened, though, it does illicit the very same reactions!:D:):)

Waffles? :$

Waffles is a by product not an activity . . . YET.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

At my age...waffles IS an activity! :|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

At you age - BREATHING is an activity . . .
So - if waffles is an activity . . . does that mean that Mrs. Twardo need some - help?:)

At you age - BREATHING is an activity . . .
So - if waffles is an activity . . . does that mean that Mrs. Twardo need some - help?:)

Nope...she makes cookin' FUN! :P

I got your real wood and power tool right here baby.:P

I think for that job you will need some elbow-grease and good old-fashioned hand tools... Lucky for you, you are equipped with those already ;):ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I think for that job you will need some elbow-grease and good old-fashioned hand tools... Lucky for you, you are equipped with those already ;):ph34r::ph34r:

Damn, my wingman just got shot down!:S[:/]

We've did an entire kitchen remodel in a rental home using IKEA cabinets. Put some nice handles on and built a custom counter top. It turned out really nicely, and way less than custom cabinets. IKEA furniture has also been great for the kids' rooms. The solid pine butcher block stuff is an inexpensive, "green" way to get real wood furniture, too.

Not too long ago, there was a local news bit on TV about people who couldn't assemble their IKEA furniture.:D:D They were on TV whining about how the instructions were vague and nobody could follow them. It was just impossible. In the background was the computer desk Vskydiver and I assembled in like 15 minutes. :P:D I've often thought it would be a fun job to be the IKEA assembly contractor guy.;)

I've often thought it would be a fun job to be the IKEA assembly contractor guy.;)

ME TOO!!! I think if they could match my salary I'd quit my job :D:D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Damn, my wingman just got shot down!:S[:/]

Yup...sounds like he's gonna be doin' a lotta sanding and not a lotta drillin'. ;)