prepheckt

Kids sports and coaching- Political correctness be dammed!

ere the world to be so unlucky as to have me reproduce

Indeed good sir, should that terrible fate befall us, God help us all.

Life's not fair. Everyone is created equal, but from that moment on, it's survival of the fittest. Your precious little snowflake isn't going to get anything handed to them, and in the real world, we keep score.

Take the sand out of your vaginas, do the world a favor, and toughen your kids up. It's not getting any easier out there any time soon.

There may yet be hope for you.
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

While I truly admire someone who refuses all the politically correct,"touchy-feely" everyone's a winner and gets a trophy garbage, I also hate the "win at all costs" bully.

And I seriously question the intelligence and judgement of someone who would send something like this. Yes, its a joke, but if he didn't realize that there would be serious backlash over it, he really doesn't belong in a position of authority.

At least he was willing to put the team, league and especially the kids first, and stepped back to avoid a major blow-up.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

While I truly admire someone who refuses all the politically correct,"touchy-feely" everyone's a winner and gets a trophy garbage, I also hate the "win at all costs" bully.

And I seriously question the intelligence and judgement of someone who would send something like this. Yes, its a joke, but if he didn't realize that there would be serious backlash over it, he really doesn't belong in a position of authority.

At least he was willing to put the team, league and especially the kids first, and stepped back to avoid a major blow-up.

Therein lies the serious problem. This should be taken as one hell of a joke, everyone to laugh at. However, all these fucking "tree hugging hippies" have their panties so far up in a PC wad, that this can't be accepted for the great satire that it is, and that called for it to be written in the first place.

Absolutely. No Argument.
The PC idiots should have a sense of humor , some common sense, and just a smidge of a sense of proportion surgically implanted in them.

But until they do, the rest of us have to deal with them. >:(:S

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

So anyone who thinks the coach was out of line (and not particularly bright) is a "fucking tree hugging hippy?"

To judge his intelligence - you would have to submit him to a battery of tests. I think that if you disagree with with what his message is and what it stands for - you lean more toward your analogy above than if you don't.

If yyu do not teach your chilkdren how to lose and how to win, you will end up with a child that is extremely mediocre. Maybe that is good enough for you.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If you do not teach your children how to lose and how to win, you will end up with a child that is extremely mediocre.

Agreed. I'm tired of teams and schools that want to boost my child's self esteem. All this false inflation of our kids' egos leads to a nation of spoiled narcissists. Children need to be presented with challenges and then learn to work to achieve their goals. That's how real self esteem is created. That's what good team sports and coaching are about.

My objection is the poisonous attitudes some coaches and parents carry into the games, that their children or teams are special, and above the rules, that the winning ends justify the abusive means. Can you believe the parent that beats a coach to death over some issues with his son's team? It happened in this country. Also,no coach should be allowed to strike/pin/grapple/shake a minor player. Save that stuff for the pros when they are getting paid and could kick the coach's a$$ if they wanted to.